Prune juice, magnesium and fybogel works a treat!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Prune juice, magnesium and fybogel works a treat!

Postby shakeit » 03 Dec 2011, 06:56

Thanks to the info on this board I have been trying the above combination and it is working really well. My CRS told me to stop taking lactulose start the fybogel and was considering going onto movicol too but thought I'd give this a try first.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Prune juice, magnesium and fybogel works a treat!

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Dec 2011, 08:13

yes, prune juice and my magnesium is my best friend. Recently i am finishing my bottle of mag oxide and i bought cal 500mg/mag 250mg instead. Cal and mag works as a synergy, so i guess since i can't drink milk (lactose intolerance) and i don't eat meat that much, i guess i'll give that a shot. Frankly, i'm worried taking anything new and i kept praying that i won't get hard stools / constipation cos of the calcium.. i'm gonna try it tmr night!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: Prune juice, magnesium and fybogel works a treat!

Postby StevePain » 03 Dec 2011, 15:15

I've been taking Fybogel Mebeverine for over 6 months apart from my recent tear when I started the Movicol as a precaution but I'm now off that again and will stick with Fybogel for good, my system cannot handle Movicol.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45