My standardized Anal Dilatation this morning

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My standardized Anal Dilatation this morning

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 10 May 2013, 20:04

After a little more on-line research I found this link. It's Long Island so maybe this is the same CRS WECC went to?
http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/crsli/AnalFissure.html
I still have to wonder if this approach is right for me! Assuming I could find an SAD provider nearby!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby U.K-Tom » 31 May 2013, 03:09

can anyone state really what the s.a.d procedure is? I can't seem to find it. I would like to know for myself before I contemplate it further.
I think things are inserted and it stretches the inner sphincter, but I am wondering how this has a lasting effect? Please help if you can, thank you.
U.K-Tom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 04 Jun 2013, 11:57

U.K-Tom,
If you read through this post, of which there are eight pages, it pretty much tells you what this is. You could also look up under the member list for wecc, and find the various posts in which he was involved, as he had this procedure, with great success.
This is a link on the Forum to posts about dilation, in its different forms.
http://anal-fissure.org/search?search_keywords=Dilation
Good luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby goyalonkar40 » 22 Feb 2014, 02:33

Hi Wecc
If you are still using this forum, can you pls tell if you are all right now also? Have pain ever come? And are you still taking magnesium pills and fiber pills? Were u taking magnesium n fiber pills prior to the anal dilation? How long did you take these pills after dilation? Are there any side effects of these? Can we become dependent on them? Is enema also done prior to AD? Should I get AD done from a specilaised colorectal surgeon or a simple surgeon will do? A doctor is saying he will do lords dilation. should i go for it? Can dilation cause complications also...like worsening of fissure, etc?
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby goyalonkar40 » 22 Feb 2014, 03:03

hi wecc, one more que- if hard stool comes after anal dilation, will it cause pain or not? can a time come that even hard stool doesnt cause pain?
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby goyalonkar40 » 22 Feb 2014, 03:06

if u dont mind, do u get hard stool sometimes nd does it cause pain or not?
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 23 Feb 2014, 22:26

Hi goyalonkar40,

I don't think wecc come to the forum that often any more as he had no problems from the very first day of his Standardized Anal Dilation (SAD). As you are probably aware, this is somewhat different than Lord's Dilation. Either of these procedures should most definitely be done only by a Colon and Rectal Surgeon, and one with plenty of experience with this.

Please take the time to read all of wecc's post, which will give you an idea of what he went through. Also, I posted a link above on another post on here, with the link to the surgery where wecc had this done, which will give you some idea of what is done and how it's done.

If you have hard stools, you need to increase the amount of water that you drink, have the right amount of fibre for your weight and whether you are male or female, and take a stool softener, something like Miralax, if this is available in your country. I take Milk of Magnesia, which suits me.

All the best!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby goyalonkar40 » 24 Feb 2014, 03:43

thank you, Savaici for your reply.
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict