3 days in and semi annoyed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

3 days in and semi annoyed

Postby RoudyAudi » 18 Jan 2012, 16:59

Hey there everybody! I'm Jacob. 21. Glad to be here! So I'm not sure how many of you guys are here for fissures that aren't diet related. I'm VERY hesitant about saying this due to the way people like to judge and freak out. But my fissure issue isn't caused by anything diet wise or anything like that. Mine is from a sexual act. Which kinda makes me laugh aloud to myself for allowing this curse to happen. But, it does. I always thought I'd never be one to suffer from this issue. And all that other resentment.
Lets start with the amount of pain that we are all familiar with. I can't... ugh... it ruins the day! You know? Bowel movements feel like I'm being pulled apart from the innards out. Or like a permanent spiked ball which is on fire is just hanging out.
Despite the amount of pain, and knowledge I lack about fissures, and the degrees of how bad they are, but some of me already feels like it's healing up. Though it hurts, it's not nearly as bad as day 1 and 2 were. Maybe I'm semi used to it now or it's already making me go insane. Or both! Who knows.
All I've done in this 3 days is rest. I am kind of afraid to move around too much. Cause after a bowel movement... oh dear lord walking back to the couch or bed is certainly NOT something I wanna do. But the pain does not last very long. Anyway, I've sat around, drank a lot of water and V8 juice (I'm also suffering from a nice little sinus infection... Double whammy) and take 2 or 3 hot baths a day. I read something about while taking the hot bath you're supposed to contract the muscle a few times every 5 minutes to help blood flow to it. Essentially speeding up healing time. So I have been practicing that. Also applying an antibacterial/itch/pain relief cream afterwards.
I loath the idea of potential surgery. Surgery scares me so badly. Not quite sure why, but I don't want to deal with it. Since I'm so young that shouldn't have to happen. My skin cells regenerate pretty fast. Or that is what I really wanna believe.
Forgive me if some of what I say is either inaccurate or a little off. I only know what I've been reading on various sites I've found through Google. We know how some of those can be a tish misleading.
Anywho! I think I've spoke enough. I'm beginning to ramble.
I wish each one of you the best. I hope you all feel fantastic! We shall get through this no matter what! Y'all don't know how tough you really are. :)

Sincerely,
Jacob
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: 3 days in and semi annoyed

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 17:25

Hi Jacob...welcome to the forum. Sorry your in pain, but yes we all know it. If your fissure is only 3 days old. You may want to get to a CRS for some nifedipine or diltiazem. Start on some Miralax and incorporate some high fiber foods to your diet at least 20-25 grams per day. It keeps the stools nice and soft with no bulk. Drink the water and continue soaking in the tub. Hopefully, you will be able to heal yours without surgery with it being so early!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby sterlingbird » 18 Jan 2012, 21:32

Does not matter how you got here. The pain shared seems to work for this group. My doctor told me to be careful with the creams because they can thin the skin and make things worse so maybe you can punch fissures, the type of cream you are using and do some research. I would hope you don't repeat the act that got you to this point but when I was 21 it was really hard to convince me I was not immortal. At 56 my head is not as hard and my a** is alot more sore. Hope you feel better soon.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby RoudyAudi » 18 Jan 2012, 21:48

Which creams would you recommend? I just went out and got some Prep H. I've been seeing a lot of discussion about that... Also some Vaseline to help with the BM's.
Yea I definitely won't be doing anything like that again. 3 days and I'm hoping this is some whacked dream. I mean it's not nearly AS bad as some of the descriptions I've read. Moderately close, but mostly just burning with a few sharp pains. It's still enough to bug me.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby RoudyAudi » 18 Jan 2012, 23:20

Oh and also. I just used the Prep H. I followed the directions on the box. Put some on the outside and used the applicator to put some inside. That is alright for fissures, right?
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 23:50

I don't know if Prep H helps fissures, but it might.
Just take care, rest the injured area, take the baths, watch your diet.
No matter how we get to this point, we're all suffering, and we understand your pain. Keep us posted with your progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 19 Jan 2012, 06:45

Prep H does absolutely 0 for fissures. The vaseline is fine to use to help the BM slip out. I would also stay away from any cortisone creams, they are the ones that really thin the skin down there. Go to the Dr and they will either give you some nifedipine, diltiazem, or ntg. They are not over the counter. I have read on here that many use purt aloe and it does help, however,, I have never used it.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby workingonit » 19 Jan 2012, 09:30

I agree with Sue, go to a CRS. It is way too early to talk about surgery, so a CRS would just get you the right salve.
My GP recommended anusol for my 9 year daughter when she had a small fissure. My mom's doc gave her hydrocortisone with pramoxine. But that is different from PrepH. Also I agree that if taken too long it can damage the skin.
You are strong too Roudy! But screw up your courage and see a CRS. You are lucky that you don't need to see your GP first to get a referal. That's the way it works here in Canada.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Savaici » 19 Jan 2012, 10:05

Definitely agree about P-H. Zilch for fissures. Vaseline is good; I use it on a regular basis. Oh, and welcome, even though none of us want to be here moaning about our bums, you could not have found a better place for info and support. I would give it a week with conservative treatment and then make an appointment with a CRS so that it can at least be looked at by someone who sees fissures regularly.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby workingonit » 19 Jan 2012, 10:16

With waiting lists the way they are, I would make the appointment now. You can always cancel it when you are better.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34