Just got back from my crs visit -

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just got back from my crs visit -

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 18:09

sputnik, thank you. I'm just shaking my head over all of this nonsense with my AFs and crs.
Sue, tThat's what I'm going to do. After another week or two (max), I'm marching myself back in there and telling him I want the surgery. I have confidence in him as a surgeon - and apparently, he's done alot of LIS's, with no incontinence problems. --- However, you'd think that after I've already gone through this for 3 months - doing everything I possibly can to help my healing process - that my crs would not just send me off again, with Balneol! I think that HE was thinking that the nitro/lido - the lidocaine part of that ointment - had burned me.
I don't know. I'm just so darned sick of the whole mess - but I don't intend to let this go on too much longer. I'll follow his instructions - but if I don't REALLY, REALLY improve fairly soon, I'll have to take the next step.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 19 Jan 2012, 18:15

I am so glad to hear that!!! Image I just hate to see you suffer so and all the anxiety that goes along with it. Let alone nearly starving ourselves. When it doesn't have to be that way. I hope you do heal in the next couple of weeks so you don't have to have surgery, but if you don't at least you'll have that option!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 18:35

I already have another dr.'s (crs) phone number in hand, and I think I'll call for an appointment. I just hope I don't need my gp's referral. (Guess I could get that, though, if need be.)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 19:02

Just made an appointment with another crs.
The AF saga goes on . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby workingonit » 19 Jan 2012, 20:38

Hey Sweet,
You know when I had my daughter I had a horrid episiotomy because it had to be a forceps delivery (you know those things haven't changed much in 100 years... but I digress). Anyways, it got infected and the stitches came out way too soon. It was scary, but it did heal and took almost 4 months to do so. So I wouldn't underestimate your body's healing powers just yet.
I agree that you need another opinion. Those two docs are just polar opposites of each other so a third opinion could shed some light.
Sorry it's been such a frustrating day.
But just remember that he said that you are healing!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 21:20

Hi, woi -
Thank you, so much, for your supportive words. Lately, this forum has been my life-line.
My husband says the same thing -- to give myself time to shake off the burning effects of the lidocaine (that is mixed with the nitro ointment I've been using for nearly 3 months). I'm not convinced that's all there is to this, but we shall see what the third crs has to say . . .
I guess I'm going to have to be more patient -- and I'm not in acute pain, no blood with bms - just having burning spasms.
Really, I just want my regular, ol' fanny back - the one that doesn't bother me. :(
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Jenbug » 19 Jan 2012, 22:59

glad to know you're healing! You're almost there, right? Image
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 23:33

Jenbug, I wish I could say I am -
but tonight my fanny is burning and bothering me. I'm not in the kind of pain that is the searing type - but it's a burning that is bothersome.
Next week I have an appt. with yet another crs. --- My husband thinks that today's visit went well - but I'm not convinced.
But thank you for your support. This forum has been such a godsend for me. -- I hope you're feeling okay, btw.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby grannymaria » 20 Jan 2012, 13:08

Sweet Bugaboo wrote:
Next week I have an appt. with yet another crs. --- My husband thinks that today's visit went well - but I'm not convinced.
But thank you for your support. This forum has been such a godsend for me. -- I hope you're feeling okay, btw.
Amen Sweetbugaboo! this forum is such a blessing to me - all of you are Image Image
Glad you're seeing another crs.. hang in there sweetie.. God bless you and all here..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 20 Jan 2012, 18:31

Thank you, granny!
How are you doing today? How's the round of chemo going with your AF?
I've been praying for you, and I hope you're hanging in there, too.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure