Just got back from my crs visit -

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just got back from my crs visit -

Postby workingonit » 21 Jan 2012, 13:06

Hey Sweet,
How are you today?
I just had a chat with my mom, and she never did say how long it took her fissure to heal, so I asked her flat out this time. She said it took months, and she was just about to sign up for the botox injection when the doc said that she was pretty close to healing anyways without it.
I guess she didn't tell me before cause she didn't want to alarm me if mine healed faster. But it isn't.
So healing does happen, and she has been symptom free for almost 2 years, just keeps to her hi-fibre diet (30g/day).
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 21 Jan 2012, 13:39

Hi, woi - I've been thinking about you, too. --- Always, in my daily prayers, I pray for the people here - all of whom have suffered.
That's good to know about your mom. My crs (Dr. C) said (two days ago, when I saw him) that these things "don't heal over night" and that the best "long-term fix is fiber." --- Now, I've been including fiber in my diet since I had the first AF episode. So, I'm thinking that some people might be more prone to fissures, whether they have fiber or not. Oh, no doubt - fiber and a good diet is so important - but for those of us who are tight/small down below, I don't know if fiber is enough.
I'm completely laying off the nitro/lido-mixed ointment that the other crs prescribed - because Dr. C said that prolonged use of the lidocaine can cause burning and sensitivity issues of the anal area. He seem shocked that there would be a pharmacy in town that would even mix it up like that. --- So, I'm off of it, permanently, and I'm just taking the Konsyl, plus a stool softener, and I'm trying to get careful of what I eat.
I think I've healed, somewhat, but I'm so afraid I'll re-injure the area, somehow.
How are you doing? How are things feeling? --- Yesterday I got out (not including my Thurs. visit with the crs) for the first time in several weeks. I was nervous - but I had to take my son to get his wisdom teeth pulled out, and I had to tend to him. I guess it was good for me to get out, because I've been in a terrible "fissure fog."
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 21 Jan 2012, 14:28

Oh boy, I remember getting my wisom pulled. ice cream, soup and jello for days... couldn't do that diet now! lol!
you often describe your bottom as 'burning' I wonder if that was why, some kinda sensitivity to the lidocaine?
I am doing pretty good. No blood for over a week now (touch wood). Just staying the course.
Gotta a nose cold that last few days though and I hate to blow too hard as it feels like it stressed the muscle down there. lol!
I do think fissures run in my family as both my mom and my daughter get them too. Although I don't think I ever got one til I was 30 and I didn't know what it was at the time and it healed in just a couple days. Then nothing til last year. Oh well.
Glad things are looking up for you too!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 21 Jan 2012, 16:19

woi -
Well, I felt pretty good this morning - and I actually thought that, MAYBE, I was turning the corner.
Then, around noon, the burning/soreness came back. I'm so sick of this! I don't know if I'm having spasms (which might be causing the burning and pain) - and if I am, they're not strong spasms . . . OR, if I'm still sore delicate and sore from using that lidocaine for nearly three months!
I just don't know if this is ever, ever going to go away. I'll see another crs this coming Thursday. Who knows if that will even do any good . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 21 Jan 2012, 20:18

Hang in there SB!!! You will get the answers you are looking for. I don't think the lido is causing the burning feeling you are having. Since you are not using it anymore. Sounds like you may be having spasms. That's how mine were when they first started, then the burning went to pressure, and then it felt like my butt was drawing in and severe pain several hours a day!! Since you are not using any creams, you may want to get in the tub(I know how you feel about it) but it works great, also get some ibuprofen on board. Hope you feel better soon!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 21 Jan 2012, 20:45

Sue -
I tell ya - the thought crosses my mind that I will be in misery for the rest of my life - and in that case, I just cannot take it.
I felt pretty good this morning, even post BM . . . but then, the soreness started creeping in.
It's a soreness - a raw, soreness. I don't know that it feels like my backside is drawing in - but it's like something is just so raw in there . . .
Does that sound like anything you've had?
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Jan 2012, 14:26

Most definately!!! I have been there and god willing will not go back!! You will not be in misery for the rest of your life. If you get to the point of being pissed off about it like I was, I just told my CRS I am ready for surgery, no more creams or whatever. Surgery was scheduled. I think sometimes they don't want you to think they are "cut" happy, and continue to try conservative treatment. This was on my first appt with mine. I knew when I went in, if he didn't recommend surgery, I certainly was. He had no problem with it.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 22 Jan 2012, 14:43

I'm at that point. I hope I have a good feeling about this guy I'll see on Thursday.
I will keep you posted about my visit. I just wish it were Thursday already . . .
Thank you for your support. It means the world to me. I've been in a bad place over here, physically and mentally.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Jan 2012, 15:46

I know that place well!!! It is very difficult to deal with. This place was a god send for me. Although, everyone around me knew I had a fissure!! That's all I talked about, so mentally it really didn't get to me much. At times it would but then I would push myself forward. Mine was more physical... I was soooo worn out from it, exhausted. I hope you have a good visit on Thursday and tell him that you are at your wits end with it and just want to be on the otherside and start living again. It will soon be Thursday. I have my post op check on Tuesday, and can't wait to see my CRS I am gonna give him a huge hug!!! Feel better soon!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 22 Jan 2012, 17:25

Thank you, Sue! Let me (all of us here, too) know how your visit goes.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure