Hi everyone! 3 weeks since botox, 4th day with no oramorph!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi everyone! 3 weeks since botox, 4th day with no oramorph!

Postby busybird » 15 Feb 2012, 10:03

Hi everyone! I am so pleased that I found this site, unfortunately after having fissure sorted and botox. I felt so alone and really low, thought I was the only one experiencing such awful pain.
I had my fissure sorted and botox done on 24th Jan (3 weeks yesterday) after suffering with excruitating pain for hours after a BM for 3 years.
The op seemed to go well but unfortunately 3 days later became impacted and had to manualy remove what had got stuck!! Image Not advisable with what had been going on down there! But I did know what to do as I am a support worker and have to do it regularly to a client.
2 days later I was admitted back into hospital as the pain I was experiencing after BM had me screaming (and I mean screaming) in pain. Hospital got pain under control with oramorph (wow oramorph rocks!!) CRS visited me and advised me that my butt muscles were so tight causing the pain after BM, he advised LIS for next day. I decided not to go ahead but control pain with oramorph, bath, paracetamol, ibroprofen, patience and lots of praying!!!!
Well finally I have turned a corner (at long last!) no pain relief needed at all! Saw CRS 2day who said I'm beginning to heal. His only concern is that when botox wears off I could be back to square 1 with spasms again and my only choice is botox again or LIS (plus he want to remove hems Image )
Has anyone gone for 2nd botox? Was it sucessful?
So sorry it was a long drawn out introduction!
I look forward to any advice you can give me xx
busybird
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hi everyone! 3 weeks since botox, 4th day with no oramorph!

Postby workingonit » 15 Feb 2012, 14:34

Hi busybird,
Wow 3 years. I tip my hat to you. You are a strong person!
You know, quite a few people take two or even three sessions of botox to completely heal. I would try to get your crs to line up the second botox so that there's no time in between, as that is when a lot of people relapse.
As for the hemmies, there is another member here who recently tried something called hemclear to get rid of her hemmies and that in turn relieved the pain of her fissure. Do a search for hemclear and/or bennastix (her pseudonym).
I would seriously consider the idea of having hemorrhoids removed. It will leave scar tissue that could make things worse down the road. IMO
no apologies are ever necessary here. There is not such thing as too much information when it comes to bums!
lol! :)
Did you get constipated from pain meds?
Also, everyone here will tell you (in great detail sometimes :D ) how they achieve soft BMs. It is something you'll need to figure out for yourself if you haven't already. A lot of people take movical (or their local equivalent) and drink lots of water, with a hi-fiber diet.
The idea is to get your BMs soft like ice cream til you heal and maybe for a month or two longer (let the skin toughen up a bit).
Did you have a fissurectomy?
So very glad you have turned the corner. That's fabulous!
But don't rest on your laurels. Even after you are fully healed, it takes the skin 1-2 years to return to almost it's original strength, and even then, it is something you will have to be careful and considerate of for the rest of your life.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby busybird » 15 Feb 2012, 17:17

Tanya, thank you for your reply and some good information.
Yes it was the meds that caused constipation (tramadol) I didnt realise how bad it was until it was too late. Will never ever ever make that mistake again I can tell you!
I have to say getting botox lined up again really isnt a bad idea. I cant bear the thought of going back to that awful spasm pain.
As for having both internal/external hems and tags removed, I really dont wanna go down that road if they are not going to cause me any problems. So you say Hemclear? Does it clear them or just reduce swelling?
Have got my BM sorted now, I take 1 movicol, 20ml lactulose and eat 3-4 prunes at bedtime. (Along with high fibre diet and loads of water!) Will just need to keep an eye on how the consistency goes as I am becoming more active now.
I didnt realise that it could take upto 2 years, wow I'm gonna be so full of wind!! lol.
I havent been back to work yet, I'm dreading it. Fortunately I've been put on waking nights for 3 weeks. Day shifts are long days 12hrs or 16hrs with sleepover. I'm just worried cos when I need to 'go' I need to go quite quickly as I cant hold it (and certainly dont want to hold it). I think I need a career change.
Can heavy lifting/moving make things worse? I only say this as my client is nearly 16 stone.
Any advice on going back to work would be greatly received.
Take care x
busybird
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby workingonit » 15 Feb 2012, 18:38

I don't know about heavy lifting after botox. You'd have to ask your doc. I know they say that when you have had LIS, and I have done some lifting with the fissure and it felt worse after.
Yah, that sounds like a stressful job to have when you have a fissure!
here's the topic about hemclear. I really don't know anything about except what she said.
http://anal-fissure.org/t4409-i-know-i-am-new-but-this-was-a-miracle-heal-for-me
you take care too!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34