Odd question please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Odd question please help

Postby Guest » 24 Mar 2012, 12:50

Hi I know this may seem a bit odd but I need to ask to put my mind at rest...I have a Fissure and Piles and bleed sometimes after a BM, and once before maybe a couple of weeks ago noticed some blood hours and hours after my BM but thought nothing of it, maybe it was from earlier and brushed it off, but the same has just happened, I had a BM hours ago and just been to the toilet and more blood is this odd? Anyone else had this? Worried a bit now

Re: Odd question please help

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 24 Mar 2012, 14:23

What color was the blood? Was is bright red? Or more maroon?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 24 Mar 2012, 14:37

Bright

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 24 Mar 2012, 15:34

In my experience, it is not unusual for a fissure or hemorrhoid to continue to bleed even hours after a bowel movement, especially if it is irritated or raw. It is a good sign that it is bright red blood, as that shows that it is most likely fresh blood from the anus (as opposed to darker, maroon blood that would come from higher up in the GI tract). You didn't say how much blood you saw, but if it is a small amount, this wouldn't seem to me to be unusual at all, in my opinion.
Have you been to a colorectal surgeon? It would be a good idea to rule anything serious out, of course, but I remember a while ago, when I had a thrombosed external hemorrhoid, I was really worried about occasional bleeding (bright red) and I mentioned it to my CRS. He said he would be surprised if it WASN'T bleeding!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby notmuchfunanymore » 24 Mar 2012, 19:12

Yes this just happened to me for the first time, I just put up a post about it. Totally scared me to see a fair amount of blood hours and hours after my last BM. More blood than I experience immediately following a BM. All I can think is that somehow I might of re-opened it by applying ointment or putting some pressure on it to relieve the itch.
It didn't last more than 5min, and hasn't happened again, although my fissures seemed to be a little worse off today, more spasms, more pain.
I think if over the next few days I can't get back on the upward healing track, I'll give my doc a call again. I'll definitely call if the sudden show of bleeding happens again.
I say a Hail Mary when I poo.
notmuchfunanymore
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2012, 00:39

I had a late night bm and bleed loads couldn't stop it, hubby asked if I was ok cos I was just crying my heart out in the bathroom it eventually stopped after 5/10 mins. Soooo fed up of this all now I could just cry and cry. Will go to GP on Monday first thing I think.