SAD done on Friday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: SAD done on Friday

Postby marinboy » 29 May 2012, 16:34

Hello All,
I was planning a 14 day post op reply, but with the private messages checking in on me I figure I owe an update now.
First off I want to say now I do understand that everyone heals at a different pace. I believe WECC said he was playing flag football the next day. All I can say is wow!
I think we had the same procedure done (not 100% sure though), fissurectomy plus cauterizing the fissure along with skin tag removal followed with SAD. Like I said in my previous posts I made it home and the next day felt pretty good. I went about my day shopping and running errands slowly but no problems. Well the next day I paid for it. Maybe in hind sight the inflammation did not start till the fourth day. I spent the next few days in bed horribly sore and limping from sitz bath to bed and back again. I decided no drugs for me and just dealt with it. I do want to make it very clear that my bed ridden pain was no where near acute fissure pain.
Each day has now gotten much better and yesterday my girlfriend and I walked through the park (slowly), boy it is the little things we take for granted. Today I have just a little pain but still move slowly, I am positive about my recovery.
Now BM talk, no blood, no pain, no problem. I still get slight spasms (or muscle twitches down there) but they are painless and are less frequent everyday.
I also wanted to mention a product that I used for healing my skin tag removal sight. It is called penaten crиme (German product) and can be found on Amazon. I started to use it post op day two and within three days no more discharge from the site. This product can be used for cuts and wounds as well as rashes. I swear by it, or I should say my strict German Mother does at least.
I appreciate everyone’s help and support and I will continue with the updates. I pray everyone here will find a solution for their problem. Angel and JR2, good karma is coming!
Marin boy
marinboy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jr2 » 29 May 2012, 17:12

MarinBoy,
Thank you so much for the update, and I'm so glad to hear you are starting to feel better! Image
I honestly don't know how you managed to fly home so soon after all you had done, and without pain meds! Actually, a fissurectomy creates a great deal more pain to recover from, and so combined with the skin tag removal and the SAD, and to have done so well so far without much in the way of pain relievers is really really encouraging. (I'm pretty sure WECC only had the dilation performed, so far less work than you had done... In his case, no incision sites to heal).
I so hope all of this is a distant memory for you soon, and you continue to see improvement every day, with full healing in the coming days and weeks. You are so right about the simplest of things in life being the most beautiful. For now, I visit the park and the shore in my daydreams. Hopefully some day I'll be back there again, and in the meantime it is truly truly so exciting and wonderful to hear you are beginning to see the light of healing in front of you, and to imagine you and your sweetheart gently strolling through the park together.
p.s. oh, and thanks for the tip on the cream I'm always up for new experiments! Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 29 May 2012, 18:34

Hi Marinboy :D
Great to hear from you and about your on-going progress Image !
I had no clue that you had those additional procedures done :o ... I too think wecc just had SAD...so that could very possibly be why he was out playing ball within a day or two.
I'm really glad you got through what seems to be the most uncomfortable part of your healing so far and have been able to slowly get yourself back out and moving about Image . If you continue to proceed through this recovery at a cautionary pace...you should be out for even longer walks in no time, and soon enough be out on the town celebrating your full recovery Image .
We sooo need more "poster-boys" around here for successful dilation procedures....and I'm sure you're gonna be one of them Image
Thanks so much for keeping us up to speed throughout your healing process Image ...it's very encouraging and I'm so ready for a dose of that shared good karma Image

Best wishes Image ,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby 44alegna44 » 20 Jun 2012, 19:00

Hi Marinboy,
Just checkin to see how you're doin. My hope is no news means good news Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist