Sitz Bath Companion - LIS Surgery Day

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Sitz Bath Companion - LIS Surgery Day

Postby NoifsandsorBUTTS » 24 May 2012, 21:28

Not sure if I should be posting the rest of my story under a new topic or as a comment to my first story? I found other peoples updates day by day really helpful...but I need to catch up.
Surgery Day. I was really nervous & had an upset stomach (which I'm still convinced is the true culprit of this whole mess in the first place.). My biggest fears were #1 general fear of getting knocked out #2 that I wouldn't be able to endure the recovery pain. Plus, my current fisher was feeling much better, maybe 75% healed. But once I made the commitment to the surgeon, there was no edging back from the cliff, this chick was jumping head first! (or should I say ASS first!).
Before the procedure I opted to get a spinal instead of general Anastasia, I was told it was safer. At first I thought I was going to aware of what was going on, like a birthing mother, terrifying, but they told me I'd get some "relaxation" aids that would put me to sleep. Dang, once those kicked in, it was euporhria and the next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room. It took about 2 hours for the numbness to wear off & I went straight for the percocet! But honestly, the pain was pretty minor. I felt sensitive and bruised...but I didn't want to wait around for pain to come on. The pills on an empty stomach I don't recommend, when I got home I was super nauseous and nearly yacked.
My surgery was scheduled for noon, happened at 2 and I got home a 7...after the required fasting I was starving. With the painkiller in full effect I was able to sit & eat dinner... Mushroom tofu noodle soup. I'm not risking meat for a while. I also popped a stool softener, I've been using them as a precautionary for the past few weeks anyway. But percocet is supposed to make your stools hard and that is my biggest nightmare. The doctor didn't pack anything in there, but I know there's stitches that need to stay put for a while.
The first night I woke up every 4 hours like clockwork! Painkiller wears off & my eyelids fly open & sure enough, another 4 passed. Okay, on to recovery day one...a new posting!
NoifsandsorBUTTS

Topics: 2

Re: Sitz Bath Companion - LIS Surgery Day

Postby 44alegna44 » 25 May 2012, 19:36

Hello and Congratulations on your surgery Image
I want to send you well wishes for a comfortable and full recovery. Image Please make sure to take advantage of as much rest time as you can and stick to the diet that works best for you to ensure smooth bm's throughout the next couple of weeks.
You're on your way to "fissure freedom" Image
Looking forward to your updates, :D
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9