Fast food - are you kidding?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fast food - are you kidding?

Postby BillUltra » 05 Jun 2012, 21:29

So I'm leaving out tomorrow for Orlando for some Mickey Mouse time with the kiddies. Well ok they're 15, 16, and 19, but they're still my babies. I'm hoping to make Gainesville tomorrow.
I'm nervous about eating on the road. Only thing I can think of is Cracker Barrel: carrots, green beans, broccoli, pinto beans. I just hope I don't get stranded at meal time without a Cracker Barrel in reach.
Anyone else have any good fast food "on the road" meal ideas?
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Fast food - are you kidding?

Postby bdawn » 05 Jun 2012, 21:38

Cracker Barrel( veg. plate) was a life saver for me when I had my fissure! LOL! Golden Corral has a lot of choices too, Wendys has sweet potatoes now, McD's has the oatmeal and yogurt parfait, KFC- baked beans, green beans... Wish I could think of more! I ate all of these places/ food while when I had my fissure and while recovering and things went very well after surgery.
Hope you enjoy your trip! 3 of my kids are over the age of 20 and they're all still my babies too. Lol
bdawn
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 05 Jun 2012, 21:57

Have a great trip, BillUltra! Image
Most fast food places are now carrying more options, including salads, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and I heard the same thing that bdawn says that Wendy's now has sweet potatoes!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BillUltra » 06 Jun 2012, 08:34

THANKS guys! Great tips. Leaving out now with the comfort of Wendy's, KFC, and McDonald's oatmeal. I appreciate the ideas!
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 06 Jun 2012, 09:54

Have fun, BillUltra!
Oh, and one more thought occurred to me if you get this in time. Smoothie and juice bars are also good stops if you can find them along the way!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BillUltra » 11 Jun 2012, 15:37

I had a fantastic trip with NO ANAL ISSUES WHATSOEVER. I must be completely healed. I was leaving out last Wednesday, and since the dog hid from me when I let her out to pee, my departure was delayed long enough for me to have lunch before I left. I had supper at Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee: chicken and dumplins (discarded the dumplins), green beans and carrots. Oatmeal as always for breakfast the whole trip. I was able to find fish, chicken, and appropriate veggie and fruit selections everywhere we ate, even including in the Magic Kingdom. We ended up at the Liberty Tree Tavern where I had navy bean soup, and salmon on a bed of greens. Delicious! Of course I carried my figs and my dates wtih me. I would not feel good about missing those. I even discovered I can handle a little wine again, 3 glasses each of the last 2 nights.
Cracker Barrel again on the way back, in Lake City, and now I'm home and right back to my routine. Overall feeling pretty good, and definitely feeling still completely healed.
Thanks to the well-wishers, bdawn and jr2!
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 44alegna44 » 11 Jun 2012, 20:14

Welcome home Bill Image ,
So glad you had a wonderful trip with no food issues Image
Your committment to the "program", after healing, is inspiring and appears to be "doing your body good" Image
Keep up the good work Bill and Congratulations on your success Image
Best Wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby BillUltra » 12 Jun 2012, 10:37

Thanks Angel. I appreciat your comments.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 44alegna44 » 12 Jun 2012, 21:01

p.s. Bill,
The past 4 days I've introduced the brown rice into my diet...my bm's were getting too soft for no apparent reason...so I added brown rice/olive oil to my dinner, and it was a quick fix Image Bm's back to where I want them...toothpaste Image
Thanks for the advice, worked like a charm Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9