18 years old, anal fissure is back

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

18 years old, anal fissure is back

Postby yadfel » 24 Jun 2012, 11:59

I'm glad I found this forum, it has a lot of useful information. My anal fissure was healed for like 2 months, however I started eating a lot without drinking much water and like 2 weeks ago I had constipation and had a retear. Going to the bathroom has been a nightmare for the past 2 weeks. I'm always scared thinking how my next bowel movement will be, its so painful and it's disgusting when you wipe and there's blood in the tp.
I started drinking lots of water and I'm trying to control what should I eat and what I should not eat. Eating lots of fruits and drinking a lot of water. I'm also applying some vitamin e, I don't know if it helps.. but what can I do? how long will it take to heal again? this is a nightmare. :(
yadfel

Topics: 1

Re: 18 years old, anal fissure is back

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Jun 2012, 16:06

I would say keep up what you are doing. Just keep going! I have no miracle answer but it has been said it can take up to a year for the intestinal wall to fully get its strength back. So re-tears are likely, and especially if you stop the regime you are doing. I'm not sure where you are but have you tried miralax or lactulose? That can ensure you have soft bms and will help. Some don't use this but say prune juics has the same effect and I have found aloe vera too aswell. Good luck! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21