Depressing! Worried about blood streak stool. . .

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Depressing! Worried about blood streak stool. . .

Postby retxed » 08 Aug 2012, 03:19

Hi to all,
I am 26 years of age. . .Yesterday morning I took my breakfast at 7am (Canned sardines). After two hours, it seemed my stomach had a crazy uneasy feeling that was actually very painful in nature specifically in the lower abdomen that led me to passed a stool (semi-formed stool) suddenly . I noticed that during the latent part of passing a stool there was a streaks of blood with mucus mixed with my soft stool... I'm just worried because this was my second time to experience this. The first was 10 days back before my second experience, and my lunch that time was fresh vegetable salad and a sheep meat. . Anyway, the next morning I passed a stool it was back to a normal stool ( formed without streaks of blood)
For some reason, I doubt that if there's any chance of infection somewhere in my stomach, is it possible for the incubation period in just 2 hours after eating a meal? So, as I remember I will include the lists of foods I'd fond of to eat 3-4 days before the scenarios (ripe banana, peers, apples). .
For now I am worried about that blood appeared in my stool. . . Please consider a significant diagnosis for my case and it would be a great help for me to overcome such thinking much deeply. . .
Thanking you all,
xed
retxed

Topics: 1

Re: Depressing! Worried about blood streak stool. . .

Postby Savaici » 21 Aug 2012, 12:40

Hi there,
Sorry that no one answered your post. Being in pain is never fun Image , and not knowing the reason makes us tend to worry that it is all number of things.
I am not a doctor, so this is just my advice.
Streaks of blood mixed with your stool is always something to check up with your doctor about. I don't know where you are in the world, but in the US, you can do a very simple test through your doctor, either a Fecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) or Immunochemical Fecal Occult Blood Test (iFOBT). Here is a link to wikipedia where you can read about these two tests under the section called Methodology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_occult_blood . Very easy and pretty reliable tests for blood in stools.
From what else you wrote, it seems that you had an 'upset stomach,' as you have not said that it was ongoing, rather only happened twice with blood. Hemorrhoids, if you have them, do bleed from time to time. Mine do Image . If I go for a week without blood, it is a good week...
Before you worry more, I would make sure that you see your doctor and see what the doc says. But, a stomach ache could be just that...a stomach ache. What we put in our mouths sometimes affects what comes out the other end. Can't really say much more, as it does not sound like a fissure from what you said.
Final thing; drink lots of water, and eat a sufficient amount of fiber for the amount of food that you eat. About 35g-40g a day. You seem to eat fruit and veggies, so you are on the right road! Sardines are good, fish is great, and meat in moderation. (I don't eat meat so cannot say more about that).
Sorry you were in pain Image and hope you are better now. Ask any other questions you would like. We are a helpful lot here, though sometimes a post may get lost in the rush!!
Sav
retxed wrote:Hi to all,
I am 26 years of age. . .Yesterday morning I took my breakfast at 7am (Canned sardines). After two hours, it seemed my stomach had a crazy uneasy feeling that was actually very painful in nature specifically in the lower abdomen that led me to passed a stool (semi-formed stool) suddenly . I noticed that during the latent part of passing a stool there was a streaks of blood with mucus mixed with my soft stool... I'm just worried because this was my second time to experience this. The first was 10 days back before my second experience, and my lunch that time was fresh vegetable salad and a sheep meat. . Anyway, the next morning I passed a stool it was back to a normal stool ( formed without streaks of blood)
For some reason, I doubt that if there's any chance of infection somewhere in my stomach, is it possible for the incubation period in just 2 hours after eating a meal? So, as I remember I will include the lists of foods I'd fond of to eat 3-4 days before the scenarios (ripe banana, peers, apples). .
For now I am worried about that blood appeared in my stool. . . Please consider a significant diagnosis for my case and it would be a great help for me to overcome such thinking much deeply. . .
Thanking you all,
xed
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222