anyone tried this

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

anyone tried this

Postby vchelp » 04 Dec 2012, 09:30

So I have had my fissure for almost 3 months now. My treatments have included 3 daily warm baths, 3 times daily application of Diltiazem prescribed by doctor and application of coconut oil before my early morning BM. I would say I have seen improvements over this time period, however, today feels like a major relapse. I score my pain every day out of 10. First few months was 8, recently was 3, today I would say a 6. I decided to do some homework online and found this link below. It seems to have good reviews and a 60 day guarantee so just checking if others have tried it and any notes?
http://www.amoils.com/anal-fissures.html
vchelp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: anyone tried this

Postby shouldi » 04 Dec 2012, 13:57

looks interesting...
at the moment i am on recovery from botox so will see what happens, but will certainly keep it on my computer and would give it a go..if needed to
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby cherylk » 04 Dec 2012, 17:20

http://www.amoils.com/anal-fissures.html
I have never b/4 heard of this. If you try it, please post your results so we can all learn about it. I did order an ointment from overseas (bad idea) a few years ago which caused me EXTREME itching. It was a different product, but always use caution with any non-prescription ointment, herb, or supplement as they are not regulated like drugs are. Case in point--meningitis was the result of a compounding pharmacy in MA not being monitored/checked properly. The above product might be great, however.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby owmybum » 05 Dec 2012, 03:24

No, I haven't used it but have also seen the site and wondered about it.... Seems to good to be true!
Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby vchelp » 08 Dec 2012, 17:53

I ordered item from above link. I did not experience anything negative, such as burning or itching. It comes in a small glass container, the odor of it is pleasant. I called their customer service number as i had questions before applying and rep was incredibly kind and informative. She said it is strictly natural oils and I could use with doctor's cream, but to let oil absorb for 30 mins before apply Diltiazem that doctor prescribed. I have not seen much improvement yet but it has only been 2 days since I started using it.
I would say that since their rep answered phone and was very informative and since they offer 60 day money back guarantee, I am happy to give it a try. Their site also has many good testimonials, but we all know that these could be made up, however, some of supposed real full names. I remain hopeful this will help me get back to normal soon and pray that all of us can be healed.
vchelp
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 09 Dec 2012, 03:39

Keep us posted on your results vchelp. Hope it works for you. X
Omb
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby shouldi » 18 Dec 2012, 15:12

i am aslo interested in this, keep us posted on your results please.
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby vchelp » 25 Dec 2012, 10:40

Hi all: from my posts you can see I have had my AF since mid-September 2012. I am pleased to let you know That the vast majority of my pain is gone. I cannot say with 100% certainty that it was the oil I bought from link above but about two weeks after using my pain has disappeared. Things I struggled with such as getting in and out of bed, walking, playing with my kids, etc are a joy again. All of our situations are different, so I cannot say this oil would work for everyone. I bought it because they had a 60 day guarantee and the testimonials and customer service on phone was very good. I have been very conscious with my diet as well over past few months, a lot more salad. In recent weeks I also took some aloe Vera juice from Whole Foods and kept at applying Diltiazem 30 mins after applying oil.
Well that's all for now. I hope everyone here can have some resolution as I have. Best wishes for 2013
vchelp
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 27 Dec 2012, 16:22

That's great news.... I am so glad you have found something that has helped to give you your life back!!
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Em » 28 Dec 2012, 02:45

I clicked on the amazon reviews and they aren't very good.
Em
Salt Bather

Topics: 5