Had surgery today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had surgery today

Postby thefer74 » 19 Dec 2012, 19:20

Hi
I am back home. I can't tell what is worse, the enemas when you have to do before surgery with an abscess and fissure or the pain after surgery. Surgery went well. He drained the abscess, fixed the fissure, laser the hemorrhoids, and found the fistula, which he layed flat and open. No seton. The fistula did go into the muscle but not by much. There is a possiblity that he will have to put a seton in but for right now, I think we got out of it.
I went in for surgery at 7:15 am, came out around 8:45. Went home about 10:30 am. Took a pain med because the local is wearing off. Slept on the couch until 5 pm. Eating a light dinner of peaches, crackers and soup. I am not hungry at all but I have to eat something because I am on antibiotics.
I am passing gas but no bowel movement yet. I will probably take Miralax tonight with juice to be on the safe side.
thanks
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22

Re: Had surgery today

Postby jr2 » 19 Dec 2012, 21:52

congratulations on making it through the big day! Hooray! Now your healing can begin.
I hope your first day is as comfortable as possible, and that everything just continues to get better and better from here on out!
jr2

Topics: 15