Fed up - how do you keep going!??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fed up - how do you keep going!??

Postby Chelle16 » 11 Jan 2013, 20:25

Hi All,
Just want to vent my frustration to people that understand. I am currently 7 weeks post LIS. Thought things were looking up with pain subsiding in the evening. Am now sitting in the GP waiting room with what I know is an anal abscess!!!
The pain is horrific again. I have been dealing with the AF pain 24 hours for 3 months. I know some people have dealt with this for longer. But I've had enough!!! I can't enjoy life, I can't sit, I can't drive and now I can't sleep. With a beautiful 4 month old daughter this is supposed to be the happiest time of my life. And it's actually the worst time.
What did I do to deserve this!! I hate my life. I just want to give up. Sick and tired of this pain and having it rule my life and every single thought I have. Would not wish this on anyone!!! How do I keep
going on. I feel like I am stuck with this pain forever.
Chelle16
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fed up - how do you keep going!??

Postby suzyljank » 11 Jan 2013, 22:42

Hi, Chelle,
I know how frustrated you are. Hopefully the doctor will be able to help you and set you back on the road to recovery. This condition is so painful and most CRS and GP docs have no idea just how painful this can be.
I had LIS 4 years ago and it really didn't help me. I need flap surgery but the thought of even more pain is making me hesitant right now. It must be even more difficult because you'd like to enjoy your daughter but your daughter is the very reason you need to hold on and fight through all of this.
You don't deserve this, no one does and I wouldn't wish this on anyone either. I don't know what you have tried but try sitting on a warm heating pad. It helps to relieve the spasming.
This problem does tend to rule every waking moment. I know for myself I now know where every public restroom is, I carry a little tote with butt wipes, vaseline, nitro a heating pad and a travel bidet (those are great) and I make sure to have plenty of miralax and benefiber in the house. Sounds sad but you have to do what you have to do. Everytime you start to think you can't do this anymore just look at your lovely daughter and hold on to how much she needs you and how much you need her. Take care of yourself and I'm sorry you're hurting. Please let us know how your doctor's appointment went. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Chelle16 » 12 Jan 2013, 10:11

Thank you Suzy - it is comforting to
know that you understand how frustrating and painful this condition is.
And thank you for reminding me, that yes - my daughter is the reason I need to keep going and get up out of bed each day.
The GP managed to drain some discharge from the abscess, however said he was reluctant to "poke around anymore" considering I have an appointment to see the surgeon on Monday. The pain has been relieved - marginally - with the drainage of more fluid and I've been in and out of a salt bath all day. I will try a heating pad - great idea!
Thank you again for listening to my worries and responding. Will let you know how I get on at the surgeon.
Chelle
Chelle16
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby marg6043 » 12 Jan 2013, 14:15

Chelle16, thankfully your GP manage to give you some relief I hope, hang in there, perhaps by Monday you will be feeling better and your GP will give you good news.
Do not lose hope, just take one day at a time.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 14 Jan 2013, 05:09

Sorry things are so tough for you... Hopefully your crs will be able to help today. Let us know how things go.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !