An AMAZING treatment for even CHRONIC AF's: HONEY?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: An AMAZING treatment for even CHRONIC AF's: HONEY?!

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Feb 2013, 17:18

I'm all over the internet trying to find this honey and I don't want to go outside the US for it.....the link you gave isn't working for me. Any suggestions
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby mutu » 07 Feb 2013, 04:24

hi...
i just bought a jar of manuka honey UMF +18 and i wanna know do i need to apply directly on the fissure or just around the anal area and how many times per day? I really hope it works as i have tried so many things.
mutu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Reni » 08 Feb 2013, 23:36

Hi how do I use it? Put it inside like nitro cream or something?
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby mutu » 09 Feb 2013, 21:40

hi everyone,
i've been using manuka honey on my fissure for three days now and it seems to be very helpful. I had less blood and pain while having my BM. Before this i need to use Lidocaine before my BM to ease the pain. I applied it directly on my fissure using Qtips 2 times a day. But just beware that it does sting a bit depend on ur AF condition. I will let u guys know if i feel my AF is healing soon.
mutu
Fibre Addict

Postby vxnova » 12 Feb 2013, 15:06

I have tons of manuka honey 16+ around the house because my wife loves the stuff. I am a little worried shoving it up because what if you get a fungal infection or something? I would also get worried about bees or insects being attracted to the area. Sorry if it makes people uncomfortable but i am a little concerned about this treatment.
vxnova
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby delasama » 12 Feb 2013, 15:23

Yikes bugs in your butt!! Lol
I'm glad it helped for some people.
I've had my fissure for months now and I stopped putting coconut oil and stuff in my butt a few weeks ago. I found that lots of miralax and a little Metamucil and the right diet has helped the most.i also drink lots of hot herbal teas and I eat coconut oil and aloe...I also have been squatting when I poop for a week or two and I feel my best so far (knock on wood).i see a crs next month and hopefully I will be more healed by then, but I still want to meet him and talk. I just really hope he doesn't get the urge to stick his finger in my fissure like my doctor did since you can't see my fissure because I guess it's up in there .
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby OwwDAMN-IT! » 13 Feb 2013, 07:17

vxnova wrote:I have tons of manuka honey 16+ around the house because my wife loves the stuff. I am a little worried shoving it up because what if you get a fungal infection or something? I would also get worried about bees or insects being attracted to the area. Sorry if it makes people uncomfortable but i am a little concerned about this treatment.

as long as you apply the honey directly to the fissure, and nowhere else, you will be fine. I had the leisure of being able to lie down whilst having the honey applied. As you wouldnimagine, the honey gets more runny or thinner with body heat, and the honey may run down the inside of the thighs making for a sticky and uncomfortable sensation so walking is not recommended, at least by this guy.
As for fungal infections, Manuka Honey is an amazing natural antibacterial /antimicrobial. It will not cause infection in your anus.
If, however, a woman were to say, accidentally get the honey inside their vaginal opening, I would imagine they COULD get a yeast infection because of the sugar. I would ask my doctor about that part.
As for application, I applied the honey with a cotton swab 4 times a day, being sure to fully cleanse the area before reapplying.
OwwDAMN-IT!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby coconut » 13 Feb 2013, 21:51

OwwDAMN-IT! wrote:as long as you apply the honey directly to the fissure, and nowhere else, you will be fine. I had the leisure of being able to lie down whilst having the honey applied. As you wouldnimagine, the honey gets more runny or thinner with body heat, and the honey may run down the inside of the thighs making for a sticky and uncomfortable sensation so walking is not recommended, at least by this guy.

I just ordered some honey, in a fit of hopefulness that I can avoid the surgery. How does one only put honey on the fissure, when the fissure is inside a tight anal canal. How would you keep it away from the other walls of the anus?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby OwwDAMN-IT! » 13 Feb 2013, 22:07

A good tip to ensure you will have no problems, apply some of the honey to an area like your forearm where the skin is sensitive. That way you can tell if you might have problems with the honey, like a nasty skin reaction.
In other words, you would much rather have an allergic skin reaction on your arm instead of your anus/fissure.
Apply about the size of the average thumb nail amount to your fissure.
Don't worry if the honey gets elsewhere, you'll be fine.
OwwDAMN-IT!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Feb 2013, 10:40

Me too, I am tempted to try this, but not sure if it can heal chronic fissures? Plus could it cause thrush????
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!