An AMAZING treatment for even CHRONIC AF's: HONEY?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: An AMAZING treatment for even CHRONIC AF's: HONEY?!

Postby bgd » 26 Apr 2013, 04:01

I had no luck with the Q-tip either. I felt that most of the honey just remained outside the anus and the small quantity I could get in was absorbed by the cotton. So I'm guessing I could get very little inside. Switching to the insulin syringe applicator I told you about.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby alesme » 29 Apr 2013, 18:54

So I bought a tube of wound honey and I squeeze a small amount onto the tip and roll it around to get it evenly distributed over the swab. To apply it helps if you apply nifedipine or aloe gel to the rectum with your clean fingertip this helps keep things gliding smoothly and helps you pinpoint the spot to insert the qtip. I squat on the bathroom floor for applications. My bidet has been a huge help so that I am rarely cleaning only drying. I hope this helps
alesme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby alesme » 29 Apr 2013, 18:58

I should have prefaced this with the fact that although I haven't had any real pain in weeks my CRS told me last week that it hasn't healed very much after almost 3 months and I am scheduled for the LIS procedure this Friday 5/3. My wife thinks I should wait but the DR seemed pretty sure that LIS is the best bet for me.
alesme
Fibre Addict

Postby bgd » 30 Apr 2013, 03:18

If you hadn't any pain, then why bother with LIS? LIS only stops muscle spasm, which I take you don't have, since there is no pain.
I'm on Manuka for 3-4 days now, twice a day. I use a small syringe and shoot it over the fissure. Might be early to say, but I noticed some improvement in the way the fissure feels. Or maybe it's just the fact that I haven't had a BM in 4 days. We'll see how it goes with the next BM tonight.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby alesme » 30 Apr 2013, 13:46

After some reflection I realize that I have had this problem on and off for 20 years but only since Feb of this year has blood in my stool been a daily occurrence. My CRS says LIS will allow the fissure to heal. My pain is almost non existent but when she examined me I felt like it was going to tear. I have been fortunate that my bms have been very soft due to a diet of daily fruit, salads, 2 doses of docusate sodium and miralax before bed.
alesme
Fibre Addict

Postby ketsugaitai » 26 Feb 2014, 12:56

It's been a year since the initial post. Anyone have any luck with this method?
ketsugaitai

Topics: 3

Postby oow » 02 Mar 2014, 04:29

I saw a TV program not long ago where a Vet was using manuka honey to aid wound healing after surgery - so certainly seems viable.

I'd be really interested to hear if anyone found an improvement after using manuka honey?
oow

Topics: 1

Postby guest1 » 03 Mar 2014, 07:46

I used medihoney externally and I think it helped. but the thing that the fissure is inside as well. I put inside few times and felt some irritation and then stopped. the thing is that honey doesn't treat the cause which is hard stool, if we all have consistent soft stool the fissure will heal by itself. I heard different opinions on putting manuka honey inside, I think it is not studied enough for using in rectum..
however if you are not allergic to propolis, I would try rectum propolis suppositories. In Russia and Ukraine there are studies done by physicians treating wounds in rectum by these suppositories. I unfortunately got allergic reaction..
guest1
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby petra » 24 Nov 2015, 21:17

I have been having 2 Oregano oil capsules as day and that has decreased by fare ups from every 3 mths to every 6 mths. Anyone had any success with these?
petra

Postby lami16 » 30 Jun 2018, 14:08

I started to take Probiotics and it’s been doing amazing things for my anal fistula
lami16