Botox after Lis?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox after Lis?

Postby barbedbutt » 29 Jan 2013, 07:09

Has anyone had botox after lis? I had lis 6 months ago and it barely did anything to help my fissure. Now they are suggesting botox? I am really worried this will lead to long term damage of the area, I already had to have a fistula laid open after lis, has anyone had both procedures? Thank
barbedbutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Botox after Lis?

Postby Englanddevon » 21 Feb 2013, 07:52

Hi barbed, I'm sorry I can't advise you from experience as I'm still waiting for my first CRS appointment. However, from research re Botox the pro for this treatment is that any effects are reversible as it wears off after 3 months. This is why this is suggested before LIS as if there are in continence issues then it is reversible. Sorry I can't give more advice about this and your specific surgeries, hope things work out :)
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Botox after Lis?

Postby omyrear » 11 Oct 2013, 16:50

Hi Barbed, I'm wondering if you ended up having the botox and if you eventually healed? I had LIS about 8 weeks ago and haven't healed yet. My doc suggested that we could try botox. This is so frustrating - I'm sure you can relate. I hope you've had some healing since your last posts!!
omyrear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2