Stools going harder... Help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Stools going harder... Help

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Mar 2013, 12:51

Hello, thank you, I have somewhat laxed on the exercise due to the pain. I have walked a fair bit, but anything else is out . Even gave up Pilates. I am in a lot of pain now, but trying to do walking when I can!
I am eliminating some foods now that cause me problems. Did you eat Gluten free bread?! I eat brown bread, not sure if this affects me. I don't get bloated on it like I do white bread. I am running out of new ideas? Living on Fish, chicken, veg, fruit, oats, some brown Rice.
Problem is I cannot afford to lose any more weight. I only weigh 8 stone, was 9 when I was training etc.., any ideas how to gain without eating crap that will irritate the little devils?!! Because I have IBS it makes this whole thing harder?!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby met6lqae » 21 Mar 2013, 11:58

Sorry about your pain Rachael
Is a stationary bike out of the equation. Movement sooo helps our digestion and eases bm. Some people it affects more than other as I easily saw in my case.
I did not eat gluten free bread. My main bread was whole wheat, several slices per day and week. My stools were rock hard with this diet.
Having not read all the threads, have you tried a liquid diet or those nutrition shakes or fortified cereals to bulk up. Calories are calories huh.
Does pre lubricating before BMs help at all.
Rachael you seem to be where I was, still in the brainstorming process of pinpointing your AFs. With IBS your duty is two fold.
Hopefully like me one day that light will go off in your head, and you'll say, "yeah, I should have been doing this or that all the while."
It took me 20 years to figure the cause and beat my AFs. Hopefully It will take you much less.
Good luck
met6lqae
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Port » 21 Mar 2013, 23:08

I also found myself losing a lot of weight from my original attempts at correcting my diet a few years back. I've gained a little back, I eat Almond Butter a lot, it's high in fat and won't kill you...that I know of :) . I try to stay with quality ingredients when I can, it's actually difficult for me to gain weight...wife too. We watch our animal fat intake and don't go too heavy on the dairy either. Once my AF stopped bleeding, and as long as I stayed good about water, Miralax, fruit etc, I was able to increase my variety of foods and that helped.
Nowadays I mostly walk, do some light weights and work in the garden for exercise. It's not only important for your body but for your outlook on life also. We have a treadmill so we can stay at it in the wintertime. If I don't get some sort of exercise, 'going' gets very difficult and will lead back to problems.
Port
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Mar 2013, 08:31

Will try the almond Butter. It is hard to exercise when you have pain! I am doing walking. Wish I was running! Hopefully can heal on the Botox, and get my life back!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!