Is nitro necessary if you no longer have spasms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Is nitro necessary if you no longer have spasms?

Postby sufferer » 03 Apr 2013, 06:53

GGky1959 - So are you healed with nitro?
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby GGky1959 » 03 Apr 2013, 13:03

sufferer wrote:GGky1959 - So are you healed with nitro?

This is what happened and you be the judge......I resisted taking the Nitro at first out of fear.....and I started taking it and for a while, about 4 days it did a bit, ease my spasms, but not enough not to feel a little more pain...then I didn't have a BM for about 3 days. I came here and was told to try milk of Mag. and I did....and so help me, the following day I had my first BM without one ounce of pain. So I came here blogged about and thought, that either the 3 days of no massive bm movement helped. The Nitro helped?..The MM helped...I honestly don't know. I just know that after that day, I began using this Nitro and MM combo religously and I have been pain free ever since. No pain, nothing. It just all went away. I have a CRS appt. this month in April to discuss my ongoing hemmoroid issue, but the fissure is gone. I have to add that a very strict diet of high fiber and water helped to. I lost to date almost 15 pounds due to this fissure.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 03 Apr 2013, 13:16

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:I've been using the nitro since I posted that, and it seems to be helping, though I'm not sure how much. Headaches are terrible though. It doesn't help that I already have unusually low blood pressure (pre-nitro), so I usually feel pretty debilitated for a couple hours.
How long does it generally take for the headaches to go away (or at least mostly go away)? I'm not taking pain killers because I don't like taking them too much, and for all these headaches I'd be taking them twice a day at least.

As soon as I do the cream, I take two aleve and lay down for about 30 minutes. My blood has lowered considerably because of this illness. I saw a doctor yesterday and he told me to get off my high blood meds and stop taking the iron pills also and monitor my blood pressure for about 2 weeks.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 03 Apr 2013, 13:17

buttquestion wrote:Oh boy, finally got my nitro 0.2% today... I am anxious to try as the headache thing sounds bad but if it's what it takes to heal completely, I'll do it!
I no longer have spasm and bleed... I just don't know why the tear is there. Hopefully nitro can help.
By the way, do you guys still use any kind of oil/lotion with nitro? I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil and I think it's helping but I don't think I should use it with nitro cream..?

I just used vaseline....I still have the tear and I can feel it sometimes, but no longer the spasm.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttquestion » 03 Apr 2013, 15:42

My 3rd day on Nitro.. so far, I have some mild headache or more like "dizziness" or "light headed" feeling.
I was using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and I really felt that lotion has helped a lot.
Well, I stopped Palmer's because I want to compare. I did about one week of Palmer and I want to see how one week of Nitro does.
I haven't had a spasm or any bleeding in a long time. What I need is completely healing! I can still feel the scare and the skin does get irritated if I do anal dilation or have a harder BM.
Nitro oniment I bought is almost like vaseline.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5