Is nitro necessary if you no longer have spasms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is nitro necessary if you no longer have spasms?

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 23 Mar 2013, 20:45

I looked around, but couldn't find any discussion of the real purpose of nitro. I just got a tube of it, but over the passed couple weeks my spasms have disintegrated and my pain is gone during BMs. I still definitely have a fissure, blood, stupid skin tags, etc. but it looks like nitro is for the spasms.
I just wonder, do I need to use it if I don't have spasms and pain; does it effectively contribute to healing? I'm not sure the potential headaches are worth it if it's for the spasms.
Thanks to anyone who knows!
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Is nitro necessary if you no longer have spasms?

Postby CrackinUp » 24 Mar 2013, 08:27

Nitro opens up the blood vessels which encourages more bloody into the area, which in turn helps healing. I would say carry on with it. I stopped using it when my spasms stopped and then they came back! It was painful...
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 08:34

I second CrackingUP, the reason your spams are better is because nitro helps relax the area, if you stop and you still do not have spams then you may have healed enough, but if your spams comeback that is something you don't want.
So keep using it, now as for the headaches, after a while most people stop having them as the body gets use to the cream.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 24 Mar 2013, 16:02

Thanks!
marg--Makes sense, though the thing is that my spasms stopped before ever trying nitro. So the reason my spasms are gone is not due to nitro. I was wondering if it is only for the spasms. I stopped spasming at the same time I started taking magnesium, and squatting helped (and learning to breathe and relax in general). I feel like I can beat this thing naturally, but I'm not opposed to faster healing if it's possible. I'm glad to hear about headaches going away though. I tried it last night and this morning and I have gotten them.
CrackinUp--Thanks, I thought it did increase bloodflow to the area, but wasn't sure if it helped enough to warrant using it.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 24 Mar 2013, 16:41

CrayonOfDarkness I am glad the spams are better and because you tried something else.
Now remember that the nitro no only relax thsphincterer but also helps bring more blood to the area like CrackingUp said and that is very importan for healing.
When I was using the nitro the doctor told me that if the headaches were to bad, to take a low dose of any over the counter pain killer. But eventually they went away, pain killers like ibuprofin are not recomended.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 28 Mar 2013, 11:28

I've been using the nitro since I posted that, and it seems to be helping, though I'm not sure how much. Headaches are terrible though. It doesn't help that I already have unusually low blood pressure (pre-nitro), so I usually feel pretty debilitated for a couple hours.
How long does it generally take for the headaches to go away (or at least mostly go away)? I'm not taking pain killers because I don't like taking them too much, and for all these headaches I'd be taking them twice a day at least.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby sufferer » 01 Apr 2013, 01:17

Marg6043, CrakinUp - How long is it safe to use Nitro? I'm on week 11. Is it ok to continue beyond? I'm not healed yet.
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby buttquestion » 01 Apr 2013, 13:04

Oh boy, finally got my nitro 0.2% today... I am anxious to try as the headache thing sounds bad but if it's what it takes to heal completely, I'll do it!
I no longer have spasm and bleed... I just don't know why the tear is there. Hopefully nitro can help.
By the way, do you guys still use any kind of oil/lotion with nitro? I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil and I think it's helping but I don't think I should use it with nitro cream..?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby GGky1959 » 02 Apr 2013, 14:19

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:I looked around, but couldn't find any discussion of the real purpose of nitro. I just got a tube of it, but over the passed couple weeks my spasms have disintegrated and my pain is gone during BMs. I still definitely have a fissure, blood, stupid skin tags, etc. but it looks like nitro is for the spasms.
I just wonder, do I need to use it if I don't have spasms and pain; does it effectively contribute to healing? I'm not sure the potential headaches are worth it if it's for the spasms.
Thanks to anyone who knows!

I still use it for the duration I was told and yes my spasms have gone too. But I have a few more days left and I'm done with it. Its just a precaution for me....I don't want to feel any pain anymore and thats why I use it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 02 Apr 2013, 14:33

sufferer wrote:Marg6043, CrakinUp - How long is it safe to use Nitro? I'm on week 11. Is it ok to continue beyond? I'm not healed yet.

I use Rectiv and I was told 8 weeks tops.....I got a few more days, a lot left but I'm done with it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25