Food poisoning, now my fissure is burning

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Food poisoning, now my fissure is burning

Postby marg6043 » 26 Mar 2013, 07:26

Last week I had a stomach bug, two days with diarrhea, my healing fissure held up nicely.
But two days ago I got food poisoning, from eating roast beef, this time I was hit with vomiting and diarrhea, it was terrible, today is my third day and I still have the diarrhea every time I eat and all I can drink is water and eat apple sauce.
I was given medication for the horrible nausea.
My fissure this time is very irritated, I hope all that healing is not gone down the "toilet literarily", no blood, just the annoying burning that lingers all day.
All the painful memories are back.
No spams yet, just burning, I am using desitin to protect the area from the running stools, also still using the carlson suppositories.
If I don't get better I will have to start the nitro, I have some left over even when it gave me a rash, I will try just until I start itching and then I will stop.
No easy for me right I am soo disappointed. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Food poisoning, now my fissure is burning

Postby Rachael 1984 » 26 Mar 2013, 07:46

Marg, so sorry to hear that. I am sure you can calm it down again. Keep your chin up. Thinking of you, Rachael xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 26 Mar 2013, 08:35

Thanks Thanks Rachael 1984, I know that when dealing with fissures anything can bring a set back, we can control things, with diet and proper care, but I hate when I can not control things, been sick is one of them, so unpredictable, I was feeling great, until I ate that darn meal, I should have known better, I felt cramps, but I got better, so I got some more and that was it, I am not a person that vomits easily, now, I do have my problems with the diarrhea that I can pretty much control, but no this time, Is interesting how you can vomit and have diarrhea at the same time.
I am lying down as I still feeling weak from no been able to eat much and losing so much water.
I took questran but it didn't help, so today I took an anti diarrhea medication.
Is no much we can do when we are sick, just to let it right out on its own and then wait to see the damage.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby owmybum » 26 Mar 2013, 11:13

Oh marg, sorry to hear you have been so sick! It really takes it out of you when it exits from both ends!
I hope you haven't done any further damage to your healing fissure.
Take it easy
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby marg6043 » 26 Mar 2013, 12:57

If this stomach problem do not bring that fissure back full blown I will then have to say that I am truly healed.
But then again all I can thing off right now is no how bad I feel but how my fissure will hold.
Today I am having some dizziness and light head every time I stand up, if I bend my head to pick up something I will get a pounding headache, my daughter tells me I need to drink more fluids but I just can not eat or drink much.
Thanks for the good wishes, I am a fighter, so let see how I come back from this one.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby marg6043 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:13

Well, I have a bad night, I had diarrhea all night and in the morning was so bad I could not even hold it and soil myself, so I am taking imodium and nothing but liquids.
My fissure is very irritated, burned a lot even when everytime I had to go to the toilet I make sure I lubricate it.
Today after this morning runs (could not even hold water), I am doing better and not more runs after the imodium.
Fissure are is still tender and painful to the touch.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby mkotb » 27 Mar 2013, 15:10

I have been suffering from fissure for past 1 and half year....most recently i could control it for a month, but then all of a sudden it re tear one fine day...even with the same high fiber veggie diet...i got so pissed off with the pain after a month of healing....but what is helping me in these cases is "as soon it bleeds/pains/retears I take sitz bath 2 times that day followed by any cooling ointments and there after for 2 days , i take 2 Philips Magnesium laxative tablets and next morning before BM i use a Adult fleet Glycerin suppository in the morning, this is surely helping me out with pain going away in just 2 days....this sunday i reopened my pain and for the past 2 days the suppository helped me in keeping the pain at bay....i work 8 hrs behind the desk...so this is what is helping me these days....hope this helps u in getting some relief .....take care of urself....
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 27 Mar 2013, 17:40

mkotb I have mine for 9 months, I was doing fine and even believe that this fissures was going to heal without surgery, my doctor has been very supportive in giving me the time to heal, but this recent stomach problems is tearing me apart, no blood yet, but the burning is there, sadly is not blood because I have nothing but watery stools I imagine that when and if my stools get bulkier I may see some blood for sure.
I guess this is life with fissure, very unpredictable.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Mar 2013, 09:36

Hey marg, how you doing? Hope things have improved slightly.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 28 Mar 2013, 10:31

Hey Rachael 1984 thanks for asking, you know my daughter was born in 1984. :D
My stomach has settle down now, after taking the imodium, no more runs during the night, also yesterday I had the worst stomach cramp after trying to eat something solid.
I am still on liquids, still can hear the stomach rumble like crazy.
But holding good and no need for anti diarrhea medication yet.
Sadly my daughter just woke up to a bout of diarrhea and cramps. She is an ER nurse and have to work today from 2 to 2 in the morning, so I got the feeling she will be coming home early.
As for my fissure, it has settle down also since I have not more runs, I kind of inspected the area and is tender and red, the skin tag inflamed but not much.
I just waiting to see if a more bulkier stool after will tear me another one, but If I keep the area lubricated I think I will survive.
Right now I have to wait and see.
marg6043
King Fissure