Anal Fissure Newbie Learning Fast

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal Fissure Newbie Learning Fast

Postby Anonymon » 27 Mar 2013, 12:56

I've had mine for at least 2 months now. At first, there was pain during a BM sometimes and sporadic blood, and at times spasms later in the day. It seemed to go away at first, then came roaring back while I was training and was having way too much fiber along with too little fat. After seeing a doctor and being advised to eat more fiber against my better judgement, along with a Docusate stool softener I wish I could yank from my hands, I literally tore my anus apart. The spasms lasted the entire day, putting me temporarily out of work because of the severity.
That was a week and a half ago. Since then, I've found this site and have hope again. Milk of Magnesia, Ibuprofen, less fiber, chewing thoroughly, avoiding power lifting, sitz showers, and having lots of oils have given me my first 2 days without a retear! Or at least without blood and the pain of tearing. The spasms still put me out but are lessening, and my sentinel pile is big enough to think about naming it. But I now have hope. I'm 27, and the minor tear healed before, so I'm hoping the present ones will now too.
Side note - Milk of Magnesia overnight is better than a sauna. Lost 5lbs of water weight. Kinda nice to know for future reference.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: Anal Fissure Newbie Learning Fast

Postby marg6043 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:07

Anonymon glad to see that you are finding a way to treat your fissure, obviously you have a pretty good idea what to do to help with the problem.
Yes, one thing is to use lots of protein, I know I am a healthy nut, but then when we eliminate oils and fats we create other problems because let face it, is a reason why we most balance what we eat.
Keep those stools soft and lubricate either with Vaseline or any oil like coconut before a BM and you see how things will get a bit easy.
Also taking two spoonfuls of coconut oil during the day by mouth also works well and is good for you health.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2013, 15:51

so we welcome you to this forum. AFs can take on a mind of their own. Some invite spasm others don't, some like to burn and linger others heal quite quickly.
Some will let you sit anyway you like, some will demand you squirm. Some will not let a particle pass by while BM-ing without lighting a fire, others will not put up much fuss even with a medium to hard stool.
Riddle: What's the only difference between in-laws coming over for the holidays and AF's..............
With in-laws you look forward to them coming but are glad to see them leave.
But with AF's your just glad to see them leave.
I'm too lazy for the emoticons so I thought I'd give you a natural one.
HTH

Postby clyde32cm » 28 Mar 2013, 19:29

I had non painful bleeding for months which led to a colonoscopy. Then, pain pain and more pain. It must have made the fissure worse because before it was hemorrhoids...last visit I was in so much pain I almost cried when examined. I got the nitro and my Dr told me where the fissure was...The pharmacist said to soak in a sitz bath (or toilet version) before (always). I've been doing this 2x a day for 3 days and the bleeding has gone down by 90% and the pain by 70%. It still is scary and painful to have a bowel movement. I use a finger cot to apply (from pharmacist) and based upon where my finger enters I apply the bead of nitro there. I also lube the finger cot with the hydrocortisone cream I got before which makes the pain go away asap. I use the toilet sitz bath when I come home form work after I have a bowel movement. I have diarrhea and soft bowels from a still unknown disorder...but they have ruled out a colon issue. Hope this helps...
clyde32cm