What's is going on??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What's is going on??

Postby Kreaybutt » 14 May 2013, 07:53

I've been eating really good (I think) high fiber English muffin with almond butter and fruit in the mornings, fruit and buy salad for lunch, I chew very finely. Cranberry granola bar for snack and chicken & boiled carrots and broccoli for dinner then grapes as a late night snack. AND Miralax every night before bed for the last 2 nights and my poop is still not coming out smooth :( it's not hard per say but it's like it doesn't want to come out, it's dark and really pasty. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I have to push to get some out and still don't feel like its all out after
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: What's is going on??

Postby Guest » 14 May 2013, 08:50

You are having incomplete bowels. These get harder next day and therefore you find yourself constipated kind of although it is just something that stayed behind is now getting eliminated. Miralax starts working after three days. So have patience. Your bowels are dark because of too much iron. Do not have salad, almond butter, granola bar and chicken. Those are hard right now for your delicate stomach to digest. Fiber intake should not be more than 30-45 g (females-males). I think you are having too much of fiber. Your intestine keeps on pushing stool out which probably is not getting eliminated by you completely due to fear or some other psychological behavior. The daily recommended fiber itself should create two large bowels or three small bowels everyday. Otherwise it is incomplete bowel. Count your fiber intake and drink warm water. Don't worry miralax should get you back to normal. Always check the dietary intake on the labels and you will be surprised to see how much fiber, iron, calcium you are taking. It is scary actually. And then we complain why are the stools so hard?

Postby Kreaybutt » 14 May 2013, 08:57

Thanks so much for the help! I also have a banana every morning, I'm thinking that could be causing more harm too? Should I stick more to fruits right now or veggies? I'm so confused on how to help myself right now :( BM's don't hurt quite as much as the past days but I'm still bleeding, not sure why. Anyways, now I'm ranting.. Lol thank you for your advice
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Guest » 15 May 2013, 09:56

U wondered
I also have a banana every morning, I'm thinking that could be causing more harm too?

unfortunatley bananas have been known to make some peolple constipated. click here for the low down....
http://www.livestrong.com/article/496103-do-bananas-give-you-gas-or-constipation/
Again, cut them out for a whlie to see if your consistency changes or not.
hmmm, seems people are in a bit of a funk when it comes to bananas and constipation... you be the judge.....
http://www.natural-health-remedies.net/bananas-and-constipation.html
GL
P.S. I'd lean more towards veggies simply because many fruits have a high sugar content which may cause problems for some.