AF destroying my life

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: AF destroying my life

Postby Mercury » 06 Jul 2013, 11:47

Courtknee wrote:Hey Mercury,
I'm so glad you are feeling as well as you do :)I'm 17 days post op and feel like I have my life back. I had LIS and three skin tags lopped off, so I think healing will be much quicker for you, but just to give you a ray of really good hope here, at 17 days after surgery, I feel 90% better. I honestly think you will be good to go in a weeks times, maybe give a few days and most importantly, you'll be able to enjoy your wedding! Congrats on your successful surgery!

Thank you! :)
The wedding is 90% of the reason I underwent the surgery, I was feeling much better but I just couldn't bare the thought that something like this will cloud what's supposed to be the happiest day of my life so I went ahead with it even though I was almost pain free.
I'm really happy you're doing so much better after 17 days with the complications you had, I'm sure you were very worried (I know I'd be panicking, hell it was hard enough to go through this as is...) and it's great to hear it all went well. It also gives me a whole lot of hope for the coming days.
A small question: Were you also prescribed 30CCs(!!!) of paraffin oil twice a day? The CRS and hospital were both very adamant that I should do this but it sounds like an insane amount! I'm doing it for now, I'm just not sure about it at all.
Also, How long before I stop taking Movicol and paraffin oil and check if I can live a normal life again? For now I'm planning to stay with these things and very fibre heavy for at least 2 more weeks, but no one advised me when to try going back to normal...
Mercury
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2