LIS Scheduled for this Monday!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Scheduled for this Monday!

Postby inneedofahealing » 10 Aug 2013, 10:52

Hi Edel! Thank you! You had a lot done and the fact that you didn't have pain with your first bm (besides soreness) is awesome! I am glad everything is going so well for you. My CRS said that there is a small chance of leakage after a bm. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I would like to return to work at least two weeks after surgery but if I have problems with leakage I may not be able to return then. I work over night and I always have a bm at work that morning so that would probably be a problem. What do you think?
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 10 Aug 2013, 12:40

Hi,
They have to tell you that there is a slight chance of leakage my crs said it would be more like moisture. I had absolutely no leakage of stool or gas i didn't hold anything back, when i needed to poop i ran and when i needed to pass wind i did no matter where i was. I went back to work after 2 wks i was fine but my bm is always at home. The only leakage i had was from my LIS site it took a long time to heal I had stitches in it and tag site they were uncomfortable took about 4/5 weeks to disappear. I used to put a sml piece of gauze between my bum cheeks and this soaked up the leakage from LIS site.
When you go back to work just make sure you have a supply of wet wipes try get the ones that just have water in them or just rinse them under the tap. You should be well on way to healing by then so hopefully it will be easier. Do you get to go home after your night shift? if so get straight into sitz bath. I hope this helps :) 
Deleted User 2543

Postby inneedofahealing » 12 Aug 2013, 05:45

Thanks Edel, that was helpful. I am actually on my way to surgery now. I'm so sleepy! I hope I wake up refreshed lol
inneedofahealing
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 12 Aug 2013, 12:18

Hi inneed,
I hope surgery went well for you today. Update when your feeling better Image 
Deleted User 2543