Botox has made me worse

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox has made me worse

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Aug 2013, 13:32

First time my botox was at the office and went well. Kicked in a little over. Week later. Second time I had more and was put under by a different Crs so she could really see it. I was extra sore for a few days but I retore before it could kick in and that made it much much worse.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby fissurevshems » 17 Aug 2013, 11:15

I had botox for an anal fissure 11 days ago and now it feels like my rectum is falling out. It is tremendous pressure that will not subside. If I sit it supports my butt and all symptoms go away. I tried running and every step I take my rectum just feels more like it is falling out!!! Its awful. IS THIS NORMAL?!?!?!?! This is worse than when I had the fissure
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Tony40 » 18 Aug 2013, 14:49

Thanks for all your replies. I'm at day 12 now and still no improvement (still worse than I was before the procedure). I hope you're right and the botox kicks in shortly.
Tony40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 19 Aug 2013, 15:27

Tony, Try and keep the area lubricated with Vaseline before a BM. Also my CRS told me to keep the area as dry as possible throughout the day, so after a bath, I would dry the area with a hair dryer and only wear cotton underwear. Maybe try and use some Rectogesic for extra power until the Botox kicks in? X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Lana Butz » 20 Aug 2013, 16:09

Hi Tony
Sorry to hear you feel so rough I hope things settle down and you can try and get your life back on track. I had my second lot of bottox last week and to be honest it felt sore, bruised and really uncomfortable. I have now turned to alcohol with a few added extra's. No, its not what your thinking, I now put a splash of vodka in a jug with about six drops of tea tree oil and put into a hot bath. I've been doing this for about 4 days now and whether its a placebo thing I couldn't say but I certainly think its helped. I did aromatherapy so its not that I have just made up the whole thing. You may want to give it a try, you certainly don't have anything to loose do you? All the best Tony x,
Lana Butz

Topics: 1

Postby Tony40 » 22 Aug 2013, 02:04

I saw my doctor today for a post botox (15 days ago) check up. Fissure hasn't changed at all. He was surprised at the amount of pain/discomfort I'm in. He said botox should have kicked in in a few days and that if I haven't improved in another week I should have the LIS surgery. He expects that I should be right to return to work 4 days after the surgery. I am really tempted to have the surgery but am mindful of the comments on here that the botox takes a while to kick in even though this is contrary to what my doctor says.
Tony40
Fibre Addict

Postby Tony40 » 22 Aug 2013, 16:50

I really need to get back to work because if this lasts much longer I think I'm going to lose my job. Over the last 2-3 days my ripping pain during BM's has improved, but my post BM pain hasnt improved at all. Within seconds of completing my BM I get sharp constant pain in my rectum. I have a bath for as long as I can until I have to go to bed. Lying down gives me my only relief. Everytime I stand or sit the sharp pain returns. Pre botox this pain subsided by lunch time (I was going into work at lunch time and working late), but now post botox its lasts to late afternoon/early evening. I am effectively bed ridden until this time as I just cant handle the pain. In addition in the afternoon I have this huge pressure feeling which feels like there is a large weight attached to my rectum. My diet is good. I am taking a stool softener. Applying vaseline prior to BM's and ultraproct post BM's. I am having 3 baths per days and applying coconut oil 3 times per day. What has this botox done to me? What am I doing wrong? I need to get back to work.
Tony40
Fibre Addict

Postby Tony40 » 28 Aug 2013, 13:01

Now at 22 days and still no improvement. Has anyone had the botox kick in later than this.
Tony40
Fibre Addict

Postby Tony40 » 31 Aug 2013, 01:45

I saw my Dr for check up today and he says botox has clearly not worked. I am tentatively booked in for a LIS next week. I am terrified. Is there any chance from your experiences that the botox hasnt kicked in yet.
Tony40
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 31 Aug 2013, 10:36

Hi tony,
Sorry to read your Botox is not working. I had Botox for 2nd time this year & it failed so went for LIS 5 wks after it best decision I ever made. I say I was fully healed in 4 wks but confirmed at 7 wks. I'd recommend you take more than 4days to recover, those first few days after surgery are so important. You need to be able to relax & take baths often.
I wish you the best whatever you decide 😊
Deleted User 2543