LIS successful but now dealing with Hemorrhoid

LIS-Hemorrhoid

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS successful but now dealing with Hemorrhoid

Postby Karinann » 03 Oct 2013, 13:30

Hello All:
I've posted a couple of months back about my new friend (Mr. Hemorrhoid) following successful LIS surgery. To recap a bit, on June 26,2013 I had surgery for two anal fissures. My recovery was difficult for the first month because of my diet not being what it should be. That is all past now and I have absolutely no pain at all from the fissures themselves. Well back about a month ago I started having bleeding during BMs. I was away on holiday for the month so couldn't really get in to see my doctor. The pain was not all that bad and more like a severe irritation only during BMs. I got back from holiday recently and had a follow up visit with my doctor and she confirmed Hemorrhoid that is internal.

Now my question to the group. Has anyone that has hemorrhoid diagnosed used a prescription medication with the name "AnalPram Advanced Kit". There are actually three medications in the kit. Just looking for a kindred spirit right now to see how successful their treatment has been. My other option down the road a bit is to have the internal hemorrhoid "Banded" with a rubber band. It sounds kind of yucky and painful to me right now, so I'm hoping that the prescription I'm using now will do the trick. Since I've not posted in a while I hope everyone here is doing much better.

Cheers,
Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: LIS successful but now dealing with Hemorrhoid

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Oct 2013, 15:37

Hi Karin,
Grr! Piles are so pesky.....unfortunately, they seem to come as an unwanted side effect of anal surgery, so many of us have had this issue!!
I have two and they were sore for months after my last surgery and I got to the consider-banding stage too but I am so relieved I never took that path...
1) Because great advice here & research only confirmed my fears that it could actually make things worse and people have developed fissures through banding itself.
2) They did get so much better over time. It took a while but once I'd established good toilet habits with no straining and soft stools, (and no harsh cleaning of the area) they got better & better and now I rarely have issues at all with them.
Hopefully this will also be the case with you too. If they are at a grade 1 level, you have every chance of getting them back under control with no real necessity for surgery - even slightly prolapsed (grade 2) can improve dramatically with good toilet habits......Only if they caused severe pain or excessive bleeding, would I consider a more dramatic solution!
I've not tried the AnalPram, but I think anything like that is worth a try if it helps shrink it a little, relieves your symptoms and makes life more comfortable for you.....I used natural Aloe Vera on mine (straight from the plant) and it was actually incredibly relieving and I really think it helped too.
I 'd suggest just give yourself a few weeks with a lot of bum TLC and then review your situation......
Hoping you get relief soon!!! x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: LIS successful but now dealing with Hemorrhoid

Postby Karinann » 03 Oct 2013, 18:33

Thanks Ever....
I agree with what you posted. My doctor told me my hemms are probably grade 2. I am definitely OK with the good diet and toilet habits. I don't ever want to repeat what happened following the LIS surgery, and I've learned a lot from the good folks on this site, as well as on my own. I am good to go with diet and such now, and the only real symptoms of the hemms now are the occaisional bleeding and a bit of irritation. I'm going to be giving the meds a good chance to do their thing also. So let's see how things develop, I've got a very positive attitude.
Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9