Worried about how sedentary I have been

Zero exercise while trying to heal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worried about how sedentary I have been

Postby pitaX1000 » 06 Oct 2013, 12:54

I feel like everything to do with a anal fissure is a double edged sword, both literally and figuratively. In my normal life I work out about four days a week. I do light weight lifting and walking or hiking. I know that the weight lifting is a no no so I have cut that out completely. Hiking is my real love but at the first signs of my fissure I found it to be excruciating. Now even the slightest bit of movement seems to set me back. A week ago I had a set back with my fissure (happened about a week into treatment with nitro) and spent the last 6 days laying in bed with a heating pad. Yesterday, even though I was still in some pain! I decided to go ouT and at least try to do some errands and get some blood flowing. Well, it was a nightmare. I was with my mom in the grocery store and the pain was so intense I had to excuse myself to go sit in the car and turn on the seat warmer. Many have said they can't sit. For me, standing or walking seems to bring on spasms. I feel like what is ultimately necessary for me to get through this and have a healthy lifestyle is also setting me back. I'm back in bed today. The moment I get the slightest bit sweaty in my butt crack, I'm toast. Also, I have an internal hemmie (or something hard) that seems to drop and gives me trouble during exercise. This would happen even before the fissure. Any advice on how to get some activity in during this crisis? Am I doing myself a service or disservice with my current sedentary state?
pitaX1000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Worried about how sedentary I have been

Postby Scientist2516 » 06 Oct 2013, 19:26

I'm really sorry Pita. Standing and walking were the worst for me too, and I had the exact same problem; I felt myself turning into a heap of lard from no exercise. I did manage to walk to work almost every day (about a mile), which I felt essential for my wellbeing, but sometimes it was really bad, and I was afraid the spasms were causing further damage.
I don't know what to tell you, though. I thought about trying swimming, but I hate swimming pools, and I was a bit worried about infection. I love the sea though, and swam a lot during a seaside holiday, without pain. So swimming could be a possibility.
Is there a time of day that is better? Late afternoon and evening were my best times.

I think other than that, you have to wait it out, as difficult as that is. Try to walk a little every day, maybe just up and down the street so you can get home quickly if the pain gets too bad.

Maybe other people have suggestions - I really hope they do!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16