LIS and alternatives

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS and alternatives

Postby vdb324 » 22 Nov 2013, 22:57

First, are there alternative surgeries that might be better for women of childbearing age? I have done creams and Botox. I am concerned about the 5% incontinence risk. If there were to be incontinence, are there corrective procedures that can be done potentially? I am in my 20s, and the risk just terrifies me, especially as someone who would like to have kids one day. Any other women who have had it?
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: LIS and alternatives

Postby dent 1 » 23 Nov 2013, 08:05

Yes Hi I am in the UK and my surgeon only uses LIS in very specific circumtances and uses a combination of Botox and a vy advancmenent flap procedure and I had that earlier in the year - then further surgery for a rectocele. I cannot add any links at them moment but if you search for my posts under dent 1 you should find the links or search for - bristol laporascopic surgery - website then look to the list of options on the left to "patients" then information packs - click on general colorectal information there are a couple of info sheets on anal fissure that you may find useful.
dent 1

Topics: 1