Feeling so down today

so tired of this!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling so down today

Postby sotiredofthis » 25 Nov 2013, 13:41

I'm just so sick of this stupid fissure! Tired of the burning, stinging pain everyday! Tired of not being able to sit down. Tired of being short with my family because my butt hurts!!

I've been dealing with this off and on since Sept. 2012. The nitro seems to not be working very well for me anymore. I'm probably heading for LIS which scares me to death. I have IBS and surgery to relax my butt is probably my absolute worst nightmare!

It's almost Thanksgiving and I'm finding it very difficult to be thankful this year. My husband and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary this December and we're taking our 4 kids to Disney and I'm already dreading the trip. Isn't that sad? Who dreads vacation? To Disney?

Vent over. Thanks for listening everyone.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: Feeling so down today

Postby sugarspice » 25 Nov 2013, 14:02

I totally understand as I am in the same boat, I constantly apologise to family for biting their heads off and it is all because MY BUTT HURTS! LOL. I have just had botox and although I am not yet sure whether it will heal me fully the terrible, life-ruining pain has gone away, I only have a bit now when I have a BM. I would really urge you (although I know it's a personal decision) to see a CRS and either get botox done or LIS, the chances of anything going wrong are minimal and when you are out of pain you simply can't believe the hell you have been putting up with. If you can have botox before your trip to Disney (how lovely) then DO IT, it's more straightforward than LIS and you will almost certainly have a pain free trip.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Rachael 1984 » 25 Nov 2013, 15:39

Hi STOT,
I feel exactly the same as you... I have too been battling since Sept 2012. 2 fissures healed, now another one on the same place(I am convinced it is the same one) I am struggling again on a daily basis, getting physiological problems now from this crap! Pain from this horrible condition is just truly horrible! I am snappy and I feel I just don't want to face it again the next day.... I had Botox in April, which helped, but I have also changed my diet, live on Movicol, don't strain, lubricate and use Nitro(which is now irritating me) ugh. My CRS is reluctant to do LIS on me, but I have told him I cannot live like this anymore!! My follow up is in
January, so I am praying I can get through Christmas.

I can understand what you mean about your holiday, I have put off going on 3 this year because of a stupid tear in my bum!!!! Please go, take your supplies, I know it is damn hard, but the distraction just might relax you a little, so you can forget about your bum for a little while. Keep us posted.

Xxxxxxx Hugs I too have IBS, which is a nightmare as you know!!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sotiredofthis » 25 Nov 2013, 15:46

Thanks sugarspice and Rachel! I know others feels this way too and sad as it is it helps me to not feel alone.

Sugarspice - I don't think I have time for the botox now. We leave in just over 2 weeks and I don't think I'd be healed enough at that point. I see my CRS again on Dec. 5th.

Rachel - I think the Nitro is irritating me now, too. I might try Retrogesic but definitely fear the headache. Nitro never gave me a headache thankfully. Why is your CRS reluctant to do LIS?

Praying for you!!!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 25 Nov 2013, 15:52

Thankyou! He said the anal sphincter in women is shorter, so there is more risk than doing it on men, also I haven't had children yet, so he is reluctant... Surely there must be another option for me?! If he doesn't suggest anything else other then Botox again, I may seek a second opinion! God, they can do major surgeries and have success, yet they can't just sort out a damn tear in our butts!! Are you going for LIS? Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 25 Nov 2013, 17:10

Hi sotiredofthis

So sorry that your having such pain at an inopportune time at this
time of year. At least you can be thankful of that 30 anniversary,
that's great.

There are a few things you can do though to alleviate and make for
a better trip to Disney. Yes trip planning with a sore bum has been
brought up here quite a lot. Here are some tips for you to look over.

Excerpts from this site.......

"I travelled with my fissure last summer, and I laid down as much as possible - on benches, on the floor, etc. I had a blanket/pillow to put under my head, I even laid down on the airplan. The worst thing I did was to be on my feets the whole day. Getting som rest was so important not to make things worse. Remember comfortable clothes as well, and clothes that don't cause humidity down south...important to keep your butt dry :D "

http://anal-fissure.org/travel-advice-please-t1630-10.html

"My tip would be to bring a small cushion.... I had a trip to us not so long ago, two weeks in Florida... Disney etc... And I took my little cushion everywhere!
I also have a little collapsible stool I use to elevate my feet when I have a bm. I took that too, along with the Vaseline, wet wipes and creams.
I kept up with my usual stool softeners, made sure I drank plenty too, made wise food choices as much as I could, and took pain killers with me just in case.
Try not to worry... You will have so much going on it will help to take your mind off your butt! It's never as bad as you anticipate it's going to be..enjoy the break!!"

http://anal-fissure.org/travel-tips-needed-t6628.html

There are a whole lot more advice like these sotiredofthis, so please take a look at

the links and hopefully you will have a very manageable if not downright fun time
at the park.

The big 30 :fireworks: once again....congratulations.
Last edited by Deleted User 2950 on 25 Nov 2013, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2950

Postby sugarspice » 25 Nov 2013, 17:31

There is no recovery time as such needed with botox, you just carry on as you were before. The first BM hurts about the same but then it gets better :-) It's not like the LIS which has a specific recovery time :-)
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby vdb324 » 25 Nov 2013, 18:48

I'm just going to echo sugarspice's comments. I was told that Botox without anything else will have you back to normal the next day.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby sotiredofthis » 25 Nov 2013, 20:06

Are you guys sure about the botox? I never heard it was that fast. I do have a hemmie and skin tags so I wonder if that complicates it?
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 26 Nov 2013, 05:38

The success rate is lower with botox than it is with LIS but LOTS of people heal with botox, have a look at some of the success stories :-)
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist