surgery in december- anterior fistula

surgery

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: surgery in december- anterior fistula

Postby diamond2 » 27 Dec 2013, 12:45

A few weeks after recovering I did have some shooting pain in that area - I assume it's all part of recovery?
I would keep an eye on it, and if in doubt touch base with your doctor.
diamond2
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Dec 2013, 14:27

Hi Hk,
It's good to read your update and interesting to see what procedure you needed in the end too. I hope you are feeling well and managed to enjoy the festive season!
I didn't realise that the anterior fistula is also closer the the vagina as mine was a very posterior issue but the healing processes involved will be pretty much the same, so fingers crossed, this is all going well for you.
Is there any substitute for Percocet? I'm not familiar with the brand but I know I avoided codeine based pain-killers at all costs for fear of constipation.
Soft tinned prunes/ pureed apples & pears/ beans/ as well as softly cooked veggies are all brilliant at creating "Mr Whippy" ice-cream type BMs!! but lots of fluids are also key.........
You will be in some discomfort after the process and this seems to affect people in all ways, so this could be causing your general discomfort in your bottom. A seton in itself takes some getting used to. Don't forget also, when they perform the procedure, they literally have to open the anus right up and with the manhandling that goes on, I did find I was left bruised, sore & developed aggravated piles after the procedures, so you could have some of this going on there. Just keep an eye on it and if you are healing well, this should all start to subside with time. If anything worries you at all, just make you sure you make contact to ask questions and get any further reassurement you need.
Wishing you all the best and hoping you make great recovery strides in 2014 :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby diamond2 » 31 Dec 2013, 14:08

ETO I had to laugh when I read "Mr Whippy" ice-cream type BMs :)
That's an awesome description!
diamond2
Salt Bather