Fissure in butt..Also pain at top of butt crack?Please help

Fissure in butt..Also pain at top of butt crack?please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure in butt..Also pain at top of butt crack?Please help

Postby FissureHome » 29 Nov 2013, 17:49

I was diagnosed with a fissure 2 months ago i told the doc i was also having pain at the top of my butt crack..he said thats normal..but i feel like something else is wrong it hurts so bad i cant lay on my back..but there is no bump or redness and when i touch it or push on it, it doesnt really hurt only when laying on my back but its not the butthole where the fissure is its at the top of the buttcrack..feels very bruised and jsut sore..i hate it..i dont get it??anyone else have a fissure with pain also at the top of butt crack?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Fissure in butt..Also pain at top of butt crack?Please h

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 04:03

The same thing happened to me, it was so bad that I barely could seat. It went away when I cured my fissure. Although it took several weeks. So I don't think you have to worry. But then again if you are not sure, you should go to your doctor again.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 02 Dec 2013, 04:49

When I had Botox back in June I had really bad coccyx pain. Even now, if the fissure is playing up, I get really sore around the tail bone area. I think it's just part and parcel of the fissure and the nature of all the nerve and muscles that are so complex and intertwined down there.

Try not to worry fissure home. Give it a couple of weeks and see if it settles.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 07:36

thank u so much guys! i didnt notice anyone mentioning anything about that so it had me worried..Thanks you so much for easing my mind! im sure its just the fissue as there is no bump or redness or anything thank you again!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 07:41

bettyblue after you healed was the pain in bowel movements completely gone or do you still feel it for a while cause the scar is still tender and senstive? i feel like im healing no blood..its getttin easier to put my socks and shoes on where be4 it felt like if i raised my leg to high it was gonna rip! it still hurts to poop but not bad maybe like a 1 or 2 on scale from 1 to 10..and im starting to sit for short periods of time..any advice would be greatly appreciated..its nice to talk to people who have had the same problem! tthanks again!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 07:44

owmybum..so the botox worked for you!? how much did it cost? if i dont feel batter in another month i may want to resort to botox or surgery..this is rough..i went a month started feeling a little better went back for a follow up appointment and doc re ripped me examining..so i had to start over its been 5 weeks almost and im feeling better again but def not normal or anything..any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you so much!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 02 Dec 2013, 07:53

Unfortunately, no, Botox didn't work for me. It actually made things worse!!..... But... There were a few of us who had Botox at the same time, and everyone else did really well.
I'm sorry to hear your dr was rough with you and tore you up again.... It seems to be a common occurrence. The crs I'm with now never pulls me around down there.... On my last appointment he didn't even look at me... He knows it just makes things ten times worse

I'm glad we've managed to reassure you.... Fissures are complicated beasts.... So many people experience different symptoms. I was convinced the Botox had given me an abscess or something, but I had a scan and nothing was found. I think the procedure for administering the Botox must have tore me again... Hence the painful tail bone.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 09:12

My healing process was very slow. I have been battling with this for more than a year. But I only received proper treatment in March. By April I was in the state you were. Feeling better, less pain, although I was not able to lay in my back or sit for more than 30 minutes. But from there things started to get better and better. so by August I complete healed, meaning I didn't have any kind of pain. Now, I am not going to lie to you. To keep things as they are now, I need to be very careful with what I eat, as well as my water intake. The BMs need to continue to be soft, other wise the fissure start to act up. It gets sore and some times I get a dull pain in my butt. The coccyx pain never returned do. So maybe it just need more time to be completely normal. I think in the state you are now the most important thing is to maintain your BMs soft, and if you can, you should have sitz baths one or twice a day at least for 20 minutes. Those were the two things that helped me the most. I am glad I could have helped you some how. I wish you the best and I hope you can heal completely soon.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 13:16

Sorry to hear the botox didnt work for you "owmybum"..Thanks you for your reply..And best of luck to you!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 02 Dec 2013, 13:19

Bettyblue..thank you much for your wisdom..From what ive read it takes a year until its about 80% healed and than a whole another year(2 years) be4 it will be strong and fully completely healed..so yea i think for at least a year really 2 years we need to make sure our diets are good and fiber and stool softners and magnesium or whatever works for you..thats whats working for me to keep soft..Thanks again Bettyblue..keep those bowel movements soft..no bike riding!! Stay healed! Best of luck to you!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist