Need help -- Question about hemorrhoid pain and banding, etc

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Need help -- Question about hemorrhoid pain and banding,

Postby ButtQueen » 24 Feb 2014, 01:19

Why can't you have LIS?
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby nick7 » 24 Feb 2014, 09:12

hemorrhoids.are life ongoing with a cut sore type of pain at best to throbbing at worse and it is that what most people are feeling despite the fact internal hemorrhoids.are painless for most people
nick7
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jr2 » 25 Feb 2014, 13:31

buttqueen

Three different doctors agreed that 1. my risk of incontinence would be greater than average because I suffer with chronic digestive problems that cause frequent urgent diarrhea (which is already hard for me to control and is likely part of why I have so many problems with my bum...and 2. Because of my chronic digestive problems the doctors also feel that LIS at best might help temporarily but I'm likely to continue to suffer recurrences anyway.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 May 2014, 04:31

Hi Jr2,
It's been a while but hey, still feeling pretty much all the above!.....How are you?? I haven't forgotten about any of my bum buddies here and am wondering how you all are xx
2 years on, no longer dealing with the intensity of an open fissure but still something not quite right there -
All OK in the mornings and a gradual build towards the end of the day with a generally just "sore" bottom, definitely not helped by any form of straining/ runny stools & spicy or irritating foods....The internal hemmies are manageable most of the time but aggravated very easily these days. The area relating to the original fissure area (on my left) is always the most vulnerable and I'm sure it's an internal sentinel mass that creates these issues in it's bid to protect the old fissure area. Frustrating thing is if this area is not being particularly bothersome, I'm convinced it's led to other issues - levator ani or some issues with anal pressure/ spasms/ feelings of fullness in the rectal area - definitely enhanced by stress, which has been major for me over the last couple of months...then periods, where things are so much better. There is definitely a cycle of flare-ups and calmer times and it's still driving me nuts.....I don't use creams these days but believe the need for dilation is really important - the times I "spread" my legs, pull my bottom cheeks apart a little and open up the anal passage seems to offer much relief....Nick7 makes a good point in his post - I think this is true and everything is simply accentuated so it feels so much worse when you've had any trauma to the area....
I am going to go back and discuss this situation with a CRS. Even if nothing can be done, at least I might gain some reassurance that this is normal and stop stressing about it all so much - If only a CRS could provide a more realistic prognosis, it would stop us all falling into this category of worrying and perhaps allow us some acceptance of our conditions, but no, you are simply told that things will get better and you expect to be feeling totally normal a few months on!! If this is what lies ahead, then I will look to seeing what can be done to improve things, but my research will done with extreme caution as I am not prepared to risk making things any worse than they are and right now, although manageable, it can still be pretty depressing and miserable at the worst flare-ups!....I really feel the need to go back now for a discussion and give my CRS a pretty intense grilling!!!.........
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby jr2 » 10 May 2014, 17:41

ETO

So, I'm pretty gutted. My worst fissures on the anterior side have retorn after two years of being healed. The posterior fissures have never been as crippling painful as the anterior ones so I'm back into the abyss of being so discouraged. Still also dealing with the same hemorrhoid issues and no doctor thinks they're severe enough to do anything about them, so I'm pretty stuck it seems with pain every day, now worse from the newly opened fissures. So so discouraged.

I hope you get some answers from your CRS.

Going on more than four years of this daily pain now in addition to other health problems. Pretty worn out.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Savaici » 12 May 2014, 19:14

So sorry, J. I too am going on for 4 years of just not being able to get it right, plus I have to have surgery for a lesion on my back.But that's another story.

I have hemmies too, but after two Unbearably painful surgeries years ago I will not have that done again. I do think it's the root of all my problems, the wretched surgery, followed by a thrombosed hemorrhoid, also operated on.

I don't have the excruitating pain of my earlier fissure days, just a constant problem with going to the loo, and a seemingly never to go away sensation down "there". Also have to go an endless number of times a day. I feel that I have nerve damage, or at least that my bum is giving my brain the wrong signals! Has your CRS mentioned nerve damage to you? I have nerve pain in my left foot and (this might sound weird) I wonder if there might bea connection...

I eat more now, and have gained about 25lbs from the low weight I went to at the height of my pain. But I watch everything I earpt like a hawk. Also, I can never go out of my schedule of doing things, never go out for a good meal, etc. My most comfortable time is when I sit in my car seat of a morning, messing about on my laptop (lousy connection to the net at home), down by my local river. Then I take a walk around my local supermarket, come home, and poop - and life is hell for basically the rest of the day. And on top of all, I usually have to go to the loo a final time often at 11.30 at night!

Enough writing for now!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 12 May 2014, 19:18

And hi ETO, us stalwarts of the AF forum, together with OMB!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Ever the Optimist » 18 May 2014, 14:29

Hi Sav, Hi Jr2,
I am so sorry to read about the ongoing intensity of your conditions and Jr2, I am so sorry to hear you retore after such a long time - Just another issue for you to have to deal with. :x I hope the intensity of the pain is not back to what it ever was originally? Is there any way you can start "afresh" with it all & get a completely new and experienced CRS to reassess your whole situation. Surely no-one should have to live like this or with what you have for so long? When I reread my more relatively minor issues compared to yours, I really have no reason to complain!
You must be exhausted and at your wits end with it all, but I do believe someone somewhere can help you and there will be a solution - it must be so frustrating trying to find that though. I really am sorry that both of you are continuing to suffer in your own ways to such an extent. Sometimes, life just doesn't seem fair at all.
I've been doing a lot of work with an Acupuncturist in the last few weeks for other reasons (not bum related - mainly depression & hormonal) but the principle is the same - to rebalance the chi in the body, clear out the meridians and keep things balanced and flowing properly. I am having some very interesting results and feeling a lot more positive & energised generally. Just a thought - an Eastern perspective on dealing with things? Is it something you have tried or might consider?
Jr2, I have my hems relatively under control right now but they are quick to flare up if I am not careful! I was actually never able to distinguish proper BMs from "false" urges (one of my major IBS symptoms & a hormonal issue) and was trying to "go" frequently when actually I never needed to (and straining) I'm sure this has made things so much worse in the past. I am better now at dealing with this, have completely stopped the straining, continue to adopt a squat position & along with exercise etc. I am in a much better place. If things get sore, I have been alternating PrepH with Coconut Oil again to provide relief...Another major realisation was getting more substance in my stools! Because I was always striving to keep the healing fissure happy, my stools were probably too soft but this isn't good for the hems! - slightly more solid and bulky stools makes my hems much better rather than too soft or too runny, but it took me a while to learn this one too!...I'm sure you have experimented with pretty much most things over the last 4 years but I still continue to learn day by day I think and it has helped things become better....
I do hope one day that you (both) find what you need to lead a more manageable and "normal" life, but Jr2 please stay as strong as I know you are & never give up faith or hope! I do hope that the latest retears do not make life that unbearable for you and you are able to bounce back quickly....
Yes Sav, it's great that some of us are still here and sticking together years on! Having been through this stuff together, it kind of makes us special that we continue to remain/ come back to this site and continue to offer that support to one another. I've been here less in recent months, but I can't just forget the suffering that we all share & continue to share and you all mean a lot to me!
:smilyhug:
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Roidsfizzman » 18 May 2014, 19:18

Hi JR2,

A little back ground on myself I have had LIS suergery, banding for hems, and Ultroid for hems and fissure. It appears that LIS is not an option for you. I had used Ultroid for about 3 years to keep the fissure where I could function in my daily life. My fissure was posterior not anterior as your issue. I would guess that over the 3 years I had about 14 treatments with the Ultroid. I could get relief from the fissue pain after a treatment or two for the hemorrhoids that would last 3 to six months. I got tired of the cycle of heal and re-tear and the last Ultroid treatment did not work, so I opted for LIS. The Ultroid uses a direct current at the base of the hemorrhoid that cut off blood supply to the hem, and my fissure would also hear and I do not know why. Ultroid does NOT claim that their system heals fissures as it is a treatment for hems. If you make an appointment, make it for your hems, and if your fissure heals, it is a bonus. The worst part of the treatment was getting the scope in to view the hems as it was very pain full at the fissure site. Your hems are the perfect size for the treatment. The direct current prob part is almost a pain free treatment done in a doctors office. Below is a study about the procedure with about a 90% success rate:

Direct current probe treatment- This method is tried in patients of chronic anal fissures with associated internal hemorrhoids. A study claimed that when the DC probe [Ultroid, Homeron] was applied to the internal hemorrhoids, the patients were relieved of anal pain and healing occurred in 90% of patients.
Drawbacks- However, this mode of treatment requires special equipment and the procedure takes a very long time to be performed [about 10minutes for each hemorrhoid]. Moreover, the mechanism of action on the part of fissure is also not understood. A case of complication in the form of perianal abscess and fistula requiring surgery has been reported following DC probe treatment.

If you are interested, check out Ultroid.com. I am not saying this a long term solution for the fissure and it will help the hems. It is covered by most insurance companies. If you do not have hems, this treatment will not work. If you have hems, it may get you 6 months with a pain free fissure.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby kilmer406 » 21 May 2014, 15:32

i am so happy to find this thread, i have the exact same symptoms like jr2 and rio

i will try to be short and describe my symptoms.
i dont have any previous anal problems or surgeries, everything started 6 months ago with anal itching/burning around anus
the story goes through 3 surgeons and dermatologist and a urologist after several DRE's they all said that nothing is wrong there they prescribed all kind of medications, through these 6 months the pain has totally got different, the anal itching/burning has mostly gone but since 4 months ago the pain is mainly on a spot inside the right side of the anus around 2 cm inside the pain sometimes radiates to the buttocks, it start gradually after i wake up and keep progressing all day untill i sleep it is much worse when sitting but ok when standing or laying the last Surgeon i visited did a DRE and pressed hard on the spot that i told him the pain is coming from when he pressed it was very painful he checked and said this is a very small internal hemorrhoids and he is surprised that it can cause this pain , the medicine for hemmis he gave me didn't do anything, one of the members here suggested i should investigate about levator ani.

i read that levator ani mostly happen on the left side and to be honest i dont know if the place that the pain is radiating from is levator ani or not, the pain is not a spasm, its a constant ache inside anus on the right side, i am very confused and stressed and this is affecting my life because my work require a lot of sitting

anyway guys if someone have any info for me please let me know, i am already relieved to know that i am not alone in this.

Thanks
kilmer406
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1