Using a clotting gel to seal fissure?

Has anyone tried Celox?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Using a clotting gel to seal fissure?

Postby fissurekorea » 05 Jan 2014, 05:02

So I was reading up on instant clotting gels--special gels and granules that are used to quickly seal wounds so that you can get medical treatment later.

Well, it got me thinking--a fissure is basically just a tear/wound. Could this be a super quick treatment?

When I began researching, I found that some gels are really just for emergencies because they use granules that stop the clotting. Said granules need to be professionally removed so they aren't good for a fissure or amateur stuff.

But then I found this stuff:
http://www.celoxmedical.com/int/resources/how-celox-works/

http://www.amazon.com/CELOX-First-Temporary-Traumatic-Treatment/dp/B003BAMBDA/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1388915931&sr=1-1&keywords=celox

The interesting thing about it is that it degrades into glucosamine, a natural sugar your body produces. Other clotting gels/granules, only stop the clotting and do not get reabsorbed.

So, any thoughts on this? Am I barking up the wrong tree? I'm not in America and I really don't trust medical advice in Korea. If someone could talk to a doctor friend about this that would be amazing.
fissurekorea
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Using a clotting gel to seal fissure?

Postby pinpin » 07 Jan 2014, 04:16

Thanks you for haring you experience, however I found it difficult to keep some creams on the fissure it self and due to place usually creams is moved from fissure outside anus quite shortly after application.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good