Silver Nitrate today...burning!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Silver Nitrate today...burning!

Postby ring of fire2 » 12 Feb 2014, 17:14

I have had a chronic fissure for what seems like my entire life. Had a failed LIS a few years ago - surgeon didn't actually cut the muscle. Had Botox 2 months ago. Today, went to CRS feeling a LOT better with very little daily pain. She didn't like that fissure was still there so she wanted to do silver nitrate to encourage healing.

With my pants around my knees and feeling very "exposed" I agreed. 3 shots of lidocaine. PAINFUL. Then the burning kicked in and has continued for the last 5 hours. I took a rx pain pill Nucynta. That has eased it mostly.

I am so worried about the next bm and being able to rest tonight. Any suggestions? Can anyone share their experience with silver nitrate?? If I can think positively that it really might help me, I will be able to handle the pain much better.

Thanks to everyone who reads and responds. This forum is such a blessing!
ring of fire2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Silver Nitrate today...burning!

Postby arbguy1 » 13 Feb 2014, 16:37

ring of fire,

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I had a Silver Nitrate Cauterization, which mostly healed my fissure, though some minor issues persist. You can read about my experience here to-have-surgery-or-not-t7582.html

My experience wasn't too bad. After the cauterization, for the rest of the day it felt like a "bad" fissure day. About 10 hours after the cauterization, I sat in a sitz bath and removed the gauze. The next bm was like any other bm during my fissure days. The burning/pain from the cauterization disappeared within a day or two. Within a week or so, I started noticing my fissure getting better.

Hope this helps.
arbguy1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1