Please read!!!! Aveeno anti-Itch Calamine with pramoxine

Healed me!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Please read!!!! Aveeno anti-Itch Calamine with pramoxine

Postby Lucaya » 21 May 2014, 17:56

I had been suffering with anal fissure for eight months when I accidentally discovered this stuff! I definitely had to learn what aggravated me like alcohol or too many bowel movements in a day...and I had to learn to keep a careful routine to give myself a chance to heal. That included a stool softener every night, eating at similar times each day and this got me on a schedule of moving my bowels every morning before work. Then I could bathe to help heal and ease any pain. I used wet wipes to keep clean and tried to eat well but I found too much veg actually constipated me, orange juice and coconut water relieved that! Once I had a routine though, I had a particularly hard day and was looking through my Moms medicine cabinet for anything to relieve it when I found the Aveeno. It said on the back that Pramoxine is for pain, so I used it. I found that it relieved stinging, itching and eventually the tightening and muscular pain too! For awhile I applied it every time I relieved myself, but after a few months I found the skin had strengthened and now even when I have a hard stool, I don't need it. I still keep it with me (it comes in a small tube too) just in case. When I do have a day of diarrhea or constipation that feels a little sore, I put it on and feel better instantly. By the next day, the skin seems back to normal! I would love to know if it works for anybody else!? I suffered for months, so it can't be a coincidence that I healed so well as soon as I found this!? Good luck!
Lucaya

Topics: 1

Re: Please read!!!! Aveeno anti-Itch Calamine with pramoxine

Postby William2 » 01 Mar 2017, 12:44

I'm thinking of trying this, because I can't use any "-caine" drugs (lidocaine, dibucaine) and had no problem with analpram, which contains pramoxine.

Can the Calamine be a problem? Seems weird to use that "down there".
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24

Re: Please read!!!! Aveeno anti-Itch Calamine with pramoxine

Postby William2 » 05 Mar 2017, 08:28

Tried this once, but man did it sting down there. Owie.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24