Fissure / Botox diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure / Botox diary

Postby Apes » 13 Jun 2014, 09:35

Oh flaneur I'm so sorry for your troubles. I hope things get better, this is so upsetting. I know how you feel, there were times for me when I didn't think I could go on, but then I thought about my family, and this website, and that gave me the resolve to get through the darkest days.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Flaneur » 13 Jun 2014, 17:32

Massive,hard bm this morning. Had to help it out with my finger. Ewww. No retear, at least, didn't feel the sharp pain or bleeding. But the hems aren't happy. Off to the doc to see what they can do about this hem. My family keeps me going, apes, you're right. I'm just thinking of the day when they're older and this s a distant memory.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Apes » 13 Jun 2014, 19:23

Gotta get those BMS SOFT, it's the key right now.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 13 Jun 2014, 19:45

Well, the GP was a bit useless. Not my usual one. He did a rough, quick examination, told me the hems are fine and to take more Metamucil, rectogesic and use proctosedyl suppositories at night. I don't think he even looked at / saw the thrombosis. But there's a definite purple hard painful clot. Feeling so defeated. I'll see my regular GP Tuesday evening and hope e can understand the toll this pain is having on my life and mental health. I'm in tears feeding the baby because it hurts to sit.
I bought magnesium today. Hopefully that, and spreading the coloxyl through the day helps with bms. I won't be taking more Metamucil or I'll be pooing bricks. It's hard for me to drink enough at work, and I'm so conscious of having to ave a BM in the morning so I don't have to have it at wok.
When will poop and pain stop ruling my life?
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 14 Jun 2014, 08:16

GP's can be useless, not much understanding of what's going on down there? If your BMS are not coming out right, I would tweak or change the supplements. I think if you can get your BMS right, bath and ice the HEM the Botox will kick in and you will start to feel better. I'm still battling my Hem, 39 days into Botox. The fissure feels like it is healing and most of the discomfort seems to the Hem.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 14 Jun 2014, 17:08

Thanks again, Apes. You're a source of hope! After a magnesium tablet, two coloxyl with each meal yesterday, 25ml of lactulose and avoiding all wheat, my BM was still huge this morning, it's softish, but giant. At least it didn't hurt, just some tugging on the fissure sites, but still some fresh blood on the TP :( I don't know how many more softeners i can take! The urgency is a worry, and I just can't have that at work. I'm concerned that with more coloxyl or lactulose I'll have more than one BM and honestly, would have to crap my pants at work, no other choice :(
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 14 Jun 2014, 17:22

The urgency is definitely a problem. I agree on not adding any more softeners, if they are soft that's good enough. Are you taking any supplements to add fiber? If not are eating a lot if insoluble fiber, that tends to bulk. I wouldn't be overly concerned with some blood right now, we first must get the fissure healed, the blood might not be coming from the fissure. Overall it sounds like you are in a little less pain, that would be a sign of the Botox working and giving the fissure time to heal. Keep strong, we beat this.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Jun 2014, 03:41

Hi Flaneur,
So sorry you are suffering. I always find the bulkier stools are a problem. Can you take more soluble fibre, that's the key to soft stools. Flaxseed in porridge always helps, start with The soluble and add some insoluble too. If you look in the diet area on the forum, I'm sure there is fibre information there. It's hard getting the right balance and everyone is different, so you will need to experiment.
After my Botox my external hem was at its worst, it would swell and cause discomfort..... I don't have too many problems from it now, and usually the external ones resolve on their own. The internal ones may need banding, which usually gets rid of them(in my case it did.....) please don't lose hope... I found in my darkest days, I need Antidepressants to help me out of the hole. You are looking after a baby too? You must be strong and don't be scared to ask for help! I demanded they referred me to a CRS as GPs generally don't know about Fissures enough to treat them...... When did you have the Botox?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 15 Jun 2014, 03:48

Please both of you.... Don't lose hope, I know you've both read my Diary... You might heal on the Botox! My case was very chronic and past the point of no return when I got the Botox, so you both have a chance.....
The first CRS messed about too, which didn't help me! I may hold a gun to the new CRS head if he can't help me!

Please don't give up hope, it's a rollercoaster, but we can all help each other through this. You can both PM me at anytime if you need me.... Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Apes » 15 Jun 2014, 04:45

Rachael, Don't miss understand me, I am very hopeful. Botox is what i needed I will beat this monster. I already feel like it is healing and will deal or not deal with the hemmy after I'm completely healed. I had a visit to my CRS last week and although dying do know if to is healing I would not allow her to stick the instrument up there to find out. I didn't want any chance of that to aggravate it. I hope you are feeling well and get this thing beat. Cheers, and happy fathers day to all those out there.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP