Bleeding after a sitz bath?

Is this normal?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding after a sitz bath?

Postby ckelley116 » 23 Jul 2014, 06:46

Last night I had a BM that was painful (maybe a 5-6 on a scale of 1-10) and of course, there was some blood on the TP when I wiped. Afterward I immediately hopped into the shower, did my usual nightly routine in there, and when I was done, let the tub fill up with a few inches of really hot water. I've never taken a sitz bath since developing my fissure 5 weeks ago, so this was my first one. I sat in it for about 15 minutes, and it seemed to help with the post-BM pain.

When I got out, I dried off and then busted out my handy little mirror. I'm still waiting to get in to see my GP so she can refer me to a CRS, and I have no idea where my fissure is or if I have one or several (although I have convinced myself that I have one fissure in the 3:00 position and that I will die of anal cancer), but sometimes I can't help inspecting the area to see if I can't discover something on my own. I touched my finger to my anal ring to see if I could feel any pain that might give a hint to where my fissure(s) is (are). I didn't feel anything, but my finger came away with just the tiniest bit of blood on it. Not like a red drop on my finger, but a very, very light smear of something on the skin of my fingertip. I wiped it on a piece of white TP and sure enough, it was a faint streak of blood.

I know the point of a sitz bath is to get the blood flowing to the area, so is it possible that this is a good thing? That if I was still slightly bleeding it meant the blood was getting down there to do its healing thing? After I noticed this I dabbed the area with a cotton pad run under warm water and then dried the area with another cotton pad. Nothing showed up then and I did it again this morning and both pads came away completely clean. I guess I'm just wondering if a tiny bit of blood after a sitz bath is a normal thing, or something else to have anxiety over!
ckelley116
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Bleeding after a sitz bath?

Postby Apes » 23 Jul 2014, 13:48

It wasn't a result of the sitz bath. It was just leftover from the BM. IT COULD BE CAUSED BY THE FISSURE or internal hemmy.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby ckelley116 » 23 Jul 2014, 14:00

Really? Even though at that point it had been half an hour since the BM?
ckelley116
Fibre Addict

Postby Apes » 23 Jul 2014, 14:31

The sits bath will not cause bleeding. You description was not that much blood, I would think it was just residual from the BM.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby ckelley116 » 23 Jul 2014, 17:08

Thank you :) sorry to be a pill - I know how fortunate I am that I'm not in agonizing pain 24/7 like some of you poor folks. My health anxiety has been on overdrive the last few days and I guess I'm looking for any reason to panic. Thanks again :)
ckelley116
Fibre Addict

Postby Apes » 23 Jul 2014, 18:01

No need to apologize, thats what we are all here for. Good luck
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes