My fissure is gone(recap)my story

My fissure is gone(Recap)my story

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My fissure is gone(recap)my story

Postby FissureHome » 17 Dec 2014, 06:46

Hello all. I was on here a while ago just want to recap and update everyone. So i want to say the anal fissure was the hardest thing i have ever went through in my life. For 3-4 months i was completely out of commision. I could sit down at all. No driving, had to stand while i ate it was terrible. I had swollenness between my balls and anus. I started getting pain when i pee. I still to this day a little over a year later have trouble peeing. It hard to control the flow i have to hold my breath or when i a breath it starts coming out full force. I developed a pain at the top of butt crack like a brusied pressure feeling which i still also feel to this day a little. It gets better month by month. There was not one moment i could get comfortable. Even standing and walking hurt. I coudnt even masterbate laying on my backside was to painful. I found a way to get comfortable laying on my side with a pillow inbetween legs but after about a month my hips were so bruised and sore. A year later my right hip still hurts when i lay on my side. I started having nightmares(so weird) i would dream so much when i woke up i felt tired as if i hadnt slept. It destroyed me. I lost a 1/4 of my business b/c i just couldnt keep up. I was so depressed and still am. Everytime i would make a bowel movement i would have to soak in hot bath after to stop the spasming. There is so much more that i cant think of right now.

Wheatgrass cream does not work. And the guys deletes allt he negative reviews thats why you think its a miracle cream with all postivitive reviews. I wouldnt waste my money. I used dialtiazem until i developed a sensivity rash itched up like crazy. Coconut oil is a good option instead of wheatgrass cream. Its great for the skin. Thats what i used after dialtazem. Anyhow. Also use soft toilet paper. Makes a huge difference. I didnt realaize for the first few month was using the cheap stuff. Definately get the good soft stuff. I took stool softners 2 times a day and made sure i ate a huge green veggie serving. besides that i pretty much ate what i wanted and didnt have any issues. Avoid hot sauce and spicy tho! And stuff like sessame seeds. Will hurt scratching comming out. Im going totally blank. I know there is so much more iw anted to say.

So its has no been a little over a year. And i still dont feel normal but im getting there. Im not in fear or re ripping or anything. I poop fine. I dont take stool softners i eat whatever i want. Sometimes it hurts a little coming out if its a big log! lol but im good. I get better month by month. its really true you cant look at it week by week or day by day. It take very long. I probably would have been much better off doing the surgery but i didnt have insurance and i didnt want to become incontinent. My hip still hurts when i lay on my right side not as bad obviously. Sometimes I have to hold my breath sometimes when i pee i thinking i developed pelvic floor disorder. I still feel some pain when sitting by the coccyx bone top of butt crack but its much better cant complain after what i had bee through. Once in a while ill feel a quick sting by the fissure for like a second if sitting it a bad postiion but then its gone. I really just going black. Wish you buys the best of luck. Seems as if my worst days are behind me. Hoping to say one day i feel normal again. Im pretty close. But still hard to get comfrotable. As other poeple have said on here its hard to explain but it doesnt hurt anymore. But sometime its hard to get comfotable without switching postions, im so aware of my butthole and coccox bone now. I can feel it. Like i never felt my butthole before. No i can just feel it there. Hard to explain.Good luck. If you have any questions or advice jsut ask.
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: My fissure is gone(recap)my story

Postby zippitydoodah » 18 Dec 2014, 23:06

So do I understand right that your fissure went away without surgery? That's fantastic news! I'm about 4 months into mine now... I have scheduled LIS and skin tag removal for five weeks from now but your story makes me hopeful that I might see some progress during that time and might be able to forgo the surgery. I hope your healing continues and you get back to normal soon!
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby FissureHome » 19 Dec 2014, 09:02

Yes i healed on my own. It took a very long time. Id say like 6 months-7 months before i started living normal again. I even rode a beach bike for like 5 minutes the other day. Felt a little pressure but no fissure feeling. Its hard to explain i just have a very hieghted sensitivity in that area. I guess form constantly thinking about it. It definately gets better. Ive red alot of people on here say it takes 2 years until you feel completely normal aagan. IM pretty close. Its not holding me back from anything anymore. It was even hurting to pee at one point. Like i forgot how to control my flow. It would come out full force as if i was pushing and would sting the tip like my hole was too small. Pelvic floor dissorder. From all the uncontrollable clinching and whatnot. But that is gone too. I still dont feel completely normal but pretty close. I almost there in every direction. There is hope. It just takes long time. You have to be patient. Its a terrible thing to go through. HOpefully youll get beeter soon. Good Luck
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 19 Dec 2014, 09:04

how-to-heal-fissure-without-surgery-t7575.html

This was me a year ago. Was kinda like my journal. A terrible time in my life. All things get better with time.
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby zippitydoodah » 19 Dec 2014, 10:39

Thank you for the tips and for giving me some hope. It's very uplifting to hear that you were even able to take a bike ride! I used to go to the gym or do outdoor exercise 4-6 days/week and now I'm doing almost nothing. (I live in a climate where winter weather is pretty bad and I'm always afraid of slipping on ice and landing too hard on my bum!) I know exercise is important for metabolism and metabolism is important for healing, so I've been considering yoga. It might be good for my body but would also probably help my mind.

Keep fighting the good fight and thank you again for posting!
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Postby FissureHome » 20 Dec 2014, 07:27

You welcome anything to help I know how hard it is. Im the same way. I went from going to the gym 4-5 days a week and very active to doing absolutely nothing. I couldn't even play Call of duty(video game) or watch UFC(mma fghts) b/c it was too tense and I would keep squeezing and clinching and would just make things very painful. All I could do was watch like Christmas movies and Disney happy stuff to keep me relaxed. I actually just got back in the gym couple weeks ago.

A couple other little tips I forgot to mention. Use a nice soft washcloth or rubber glove when clening your bum. In the beginning I was using cheap Walmart washcloth was very rough. These little things made a world of dfference. Also if your tking stool softner and still having trouble keeping your bowel movemtns soft or skinny. Take a magnesium pill before bed. Really helps keep bowel movement soft and skinny. Comes out like toothpaste. If I think of anything else ill add of if anyone wants to ask anything go ahead ive been through a lot and made it through the other side.

Good Luck to you!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby zippitydoodah » 21 Dec 2014, 23:23

Yeah, I can imagine the cheap cloth was a nightmare! Having the soft cloth is key. And whenever possible I just get directly in the shower and wash off with my bare hands because I find the regular wet wipes that a lot of people mention irritate my skin after a couple days of consistent use. I've also seen people suggest baby wipes so maybe those would be a good option for traveling.

That's a great tip with the magnesium pill... the softeners were working great for me at first but seem to have become less effective over time. (I mentioned this to my doc and she just said 'Hmm' and pursed her lips - didn't offer any helpful suggestions!) So I've been tapering those down (was taking three before bed, now just one - didn't want to cut them cold turkey in case that would constipate me) because if I get to the point where I have surgery, I want to be able to use them and for them to be effective after that. I'll pick up a magnesium supplement next time I'm at the store.

I'm glad to say I've actually been doing a little better this week. I work at a university and I'm a full-time student so, as you can imagine, stress has been high for me lately. Just being able to move at my own pace in the mornings has made a huge difference, I think. Fingers crossed that I continue to get better in these next few weeks! =)
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Postby FissureHome » 22 Dec 2014, 07:09

Another way to clean yourself down there is with a soaped rubber glove instead of bare hands! I used dove for sensitive skin when i was going through this. Now back to the cheap stuff. Yes the magnesium def helps. Glad i could help.
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby zippitydoodah » 07 Jan 2015, 00:34

Just wanted to come back and say thanks again for the tip about the magnesium supplement. I started with it on Friday, while also starting with topical application of coconut oil, but couldn't tell how well it was helping because I started my period on Saturday and always have had looser/softer stools during the first day or two of it. (Sorry if that's TMI, but it's interesting how so many women on here have the opposite!) Anyway, it seemed to do WONDERS... Sunday was the closest thing to pain free I've been since this whole thing started. It's now Tuesday... and it still seems to be helping. Not quite as magically as over the weekend but still notable improvement. Wish I had tried it sooner because the stool softeners don't even compare!
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Postby FissureHome » 07 Jan 2015, 06:06

Awesome glad it helped you out.
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist