Discharge, is this normal?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Discharge, is this normal?

Postby Deleted User 4096 » 27 Mar 2015, 20:54

I had a fistulotomy 2 days ago. Everything is going well.

I put gauze between my butt cheeks up against my anus and wound. I change it 5 or 6 times per day.

Usually there will be a very little bit of blood. Also a thick brown substance that looks similar to feces, but a little lighter shade of brown and it doesn't smell like poop. And some black dots.

I've searched but I can't find anyone else talking about having black dots coming from their wound.
Deleted User 4096

Re: Discharge, is this normal?

Postby Deleted User 4096 » 06 Apr 2015, 12:13

No one??
Deleted User 4096

Postby Savaici » 06 Apr 2015, 12:26

Sorry you have not had any response to the question, but though I have not had the surgery, I believe that the discharge is fairly normal afterwards, for a few days.

However, I would suggest that you speak to your surgeon about this anyway, to be double sure, and especially if you continue to be worried.

Another suggestion which I have always found to be good on the group is to use the Search (just under the photo, and between FAQ and Portal). It really is good as you can search with all sorts of parameters on it.

Will be watching out for your reply on how you are doing!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4096 » 07 Apr 2015, 17:40

My concern was that the puss looking discharge was the same as the discharge from the fistula before the surgery. Today I saw the CRS who said the wound looked very good and was healing. He said the discharge was normal and not from infection. He wants to see me in a month, which I am happy about because most people seem to have CRS's who only want to see them after two weeks and then that's it.
Deleted User 4096