Treatment for children?

Need some advice please

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Treatment for children?

Postby Bec3377 » 06 Feb 2016, 16:05

Hi, I'm new here and desperately looking for advice about treatment of recurring anal fissures in children. My nine year old has suffered terribly over the last year. She's in so much pain that she stops herself going to the toilet and has ended up with faecal impaction for the second time recently. It's horrendous. She's so frightened when it happens and now has yet another anal fissure. I'm worried the cycle will now start again. Our GP says there is nothing he can do. I treat it by giving her Movicol but this just doesn't work quick enough to stop the impaction, and I get the impression he thinks it's just a bit of constipation, which is not the case. He just says to make sure she has a high fibre diet and drinks a lot, which I already do. Does anyone know if there's a topical local anaesthetic for children or any other treatment/prevention? Or is there some kind of specialist I can get her referred to? Any advice would be so appreciated, thank you.
Posts: 1
Topics: 1
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 15:44
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: None specified

Re: Treatment for children?

Postby Savaici » 06 Feb 2016, 21:03

You need to see a Colon and Rectal Surgeon. The only excellent one I know of (and he only treats adults) is Mr. A. Windsor, but you could possibly email his secretary and they might be able to suggest a specialist for children. Hope this helps: ... in-windsor
Posts: 3833
Topics: 222
Joined: 03 Feb 2011, 17:00
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 259 times
Gender: Female

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests