Treatment

Intermittent fasting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Treatment

Postby Suffer » 27 Jun 2023, 09:23

Dear All
I would really like to share my story and to help everyone, who is currently suffering from this horrible disease. My story is pretty average for chronic anal fissure. I had Botox 3 times , one LIS and then discharged from my CRS, sines she was not able to suggest any other available treatment option. 3+ years with an unbelievable pain and no more treatment options. I tried different diets, supplements etc , nothing worked. I took excessive amounts of different laxatives and it made everything even worse. And then I found intermittent fasting. Without any hope I started to fast and then slowly my fissure began to heal. Now 2 years later, I am not taking any laxatives, I can still experience som exacerbation, but it is nothing compared to what it was. If you have tried everything , I would definitely suggest to try intermittent fasting and try to eat a lot of vegetables and less/no bread and sugar, when you are not fasting. I wish you all well and God Bless you all.
Suffer
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Treatment

Postby dmcff » 27 Jun 2023, 10:52

Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad that you overcame the pain of anal fissure, and that you found your way there via fasting. Each person is different, and each finds their way to a resolution that suits them as individuals - that's the lesson we draw from comparing notes here on the forum.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Pneumonia
2024 CT scan, MRI, ERCP
dmcff

Topics: 52

Re: Treatment

Postby Hazey123 » 27 Jun 2023, 15:27

I do wonder if by reducing my food volume my BMs would be smaller. How did you structure your fasting?? I’d be interested to know!
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1