LIS Scar

Incision site scar?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Scar

Postby Thorgrim » 02 Mar 2019, 16:43

I had LIS in October, a few weeks later I developed a line/ scar on what I thought was the incision site. I figured this was normal. I do not live close to my Dr so because I was not having any major issues and the fissure symptoms went away I never went in for a follow. Fast forward to today- everything has been going really well in terms of the fissure but I still get some general itching on my anus, its just general itching not on the fissure sight or the LIS sight. I called my doctor to ask about the itching and asked him about my scar. He said he has never seen scaring from LIS and was adamant I had a hemorrhoid. This was really hard for me to believe considering how lose I am back there now and how soft my BMs have been since the surgery, I even use a squatty potty. my fissure was not really a result of constipation either. This scar/ lump is painless but a little sensitive and it is not growing, I do not really notice it unless I look for it or when I am wiping. Just wondering if anyone else out there has some scaring from LIS or or something similar?
Thorgrim
Salt Bather

Topics: 4