Another AF Question?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another AF Question?

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 16:10

Hello,
Reading everything on the internet scares the hell out of me. Anytime you look up info on AF it talks about IBS, Chohns and cancer. Is it possible to have a fissure and not have any of these problems? I was reading an article and it scared me. All I know is my diet was not great and I know for a fact with in the last year or 2 I have been stressed to the max and strained my self having a BM more than once. Thats How I got this fissure. I have an appt Monday the 18th I will ask the doctor, but I thought you guys could give me your input.
BBG
Patty

Re: Another AF Question?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jun 2007, 16:30

I don't think there is any necessary correlation between the fissures and other bowel maladies, except that at some point, a problem within the digestive system caused the fissure. Someone with IBS or Crohn's may be more susceptible to AF, no doubt. But I have seen few people on the board who were diagnosed with IBS or Crohn's after they had the fissure -- I wasn't, neither my GP nor my CRS were worried about that based on my symptoms.
No need to frighten yourself, although I do understand that with the level of pain and life changes the AF causes, it is hard not to worry...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 16:33

Kim,
Thanks, when I go to the dr monday and he prescribes cream for me how am I going to get it up there I can barely get the tip of my finger up there without pain and aggravating it. Sometimes it is so tight I can only get cream on the outside. Does this mean it won't heal?
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 16:59

If mine was anything serious I would be dead by now...I've had it too long.

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 17:03

Thanks Noelle,
Hey this question is for the girls. I got my period today 2 weeks early. Could it be from the stress of the AF??
BBG Patty

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 17:09

I don't know. I've heard stress can delay your period or cause you to skip one. I don't know about it coming early.
What do you other gals think?

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 17:19

Lecia,
Hello, I am in so much pain right now. (crying) I am on the pill and I missed a day so I doubled up today. That could be the reason too. I usaully only spot alittle. I feel so bad I couldn' t even go out with my friends tonight. My niece is graduation high school tomorrow I am so afraid I will have to miss it...... :( I can't wait for monday I am so depressed.
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 17:28

I am sorry you are feeling down! That makes me :(.
I bet you are having a little withdrawal bleed from missing a pill and when you double up you can feel out of sorts since you have some extra hormones in your system.
Maybe you can have a friend come over if you don't feel like going out so you can take it easy but not be alone. I think when we are alone our thoughts can start taking over and we start telling ourselves irrational things and instilling unnecessary fear. But unfortunately, pain compounds that majorly. When I was in great pain, everything would look hopeless but you have to hang on because a day will come when you notice your butt less and less and you start to feel some of your normal self coming back.
Tomorrow is a new day and you may feel well enough to go to your niece's graduation. But you don't want to push yourself either. Listen to your body.
I'll be praying that your pain and spirits lift quickly.
Lecia

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 17:33

Thanks Lecia,
I apprreciate you support. I will be back later. I am goin to sit in the tub..
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2007, 18:23

Hello,
The pain is really bad this week. It hurts to sit, lay down and stand I can't seem to win here. I have had 3 1/2hour bathes, 1 10min sitz bath I have used my creams. My bms are perfect small and soft. Does anyone ever feel like this? I am beginning to think this AF is chronic since I was told I had hemmroids in DEC NOOOTTTT...uggggg very frustrating.
BBg
Patty