What is skin granulation?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What is skin granulation?

Postby normajeanchariot » 06 Apr 2017, 05:11

My surgeon says I have skin granulation that he will shave off during surgery. I always assumed he was referring to the skin tag but now I'm thinking skin granulation is on the fissure itself and is something else. Can someone enlighten me?
normajeanchariot
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: What is skin granulation?

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Apr 2017, 10:24

I think granulation is something that happens​ when your body is trying to heal the fissure. If there's too much of it, it can interfere with healing. Always best to interrogate your doctors when they use these complex terms so that you fully understand what's going on.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby mamafizz » 08 Apr 2017, 22:57

Hello, Came across your question and I had asked the same to the CRS and I was told there is not underlying or granulation with fissures once they are healed. At least in the area where mine was which was in ano, However people don't realize there is much swelling and inflammation from these and also the internal blood vessels, they attach to the muscles and are constantly pulling and aggravating and keeping up the inflammation. Takes a very long time this also triggers connective muscle and tissue, His Patients Typically take 2 to 6 months for things to go back to normal unless they are continually stressed and anxiety will extend the healing period a little longer. So many questions with these things! Hope you are getting better! Trying to share all that I uncover hoping it could help someone a bit. Blessings...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 08 Apr 2017, 23:00

Thanks for the information mamafizz! (Love your username) Your posts are so positive and uplifting, and full of faith in good outcomes. :)
patience_and_healing

Postby mamafizz » 08 Apr 2017, 23:07

Oh yes! And I want to remind everyone here our miracles are coming soon... no fear no matter how long your waiting, our turn is very soon. No worries, cause every little things, gonna be alright!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 08 Apr 2017, 23:12

Yes I hope to be all right as well someday.

Did you have granulation tissue on your fissure as well? And can I ask how long you had it before it was healed?
patience_and_healing

Postby mamafizz » 09 Apr 2017, 00:18

Since the Summer. I was told there is no granulation with healed fissures?. I used Nitro for about 10 weeks, then Anoscope exam and Botox. In Dec. I was told 2.5 weeks at the follow up appt In Jan. that he could not see the fissure any longer & that it was healed. But the procedure must have thrombosed/ or inflamed some internal blood vessels.

Spasms have become less and less and now it's been over 2.5 months healed and now have this levator ani tenderness (leftover from all of the tension from the pain). Kind of a constant dull ache etc.. Nothing like fissure pain, but hard to describe..I was told by CRS many have this after a fissure takes 2-6 months for that to fully resolve, but if you remain with anxiety and stress it can take longer. Getting better slowly but surely.

Life is funny, I never even heard of an anal fissure. WOW of all things to get in this world, God must have really wanted my attention.!!! :dunno: :sunny:

..Suffering Defined

What is suffering? What are these bends in the road that God puts in the path of life that we are to carefully consider? Simply stated, suffering is anything which hurts or irritates. In the design of God, it is also something to make us think. It is a tool God uses to get our attention and to accomplish His purposes in our lives in a way that would never occur without the trial or irritation.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Apr 2017, 12:41

Good to hear that you are almost healed up. I hope the rest of your healing goes smoothly. This fissure woke me up to how much I was ignoring my constipation problems. I eat much better now, drink way more water and take a small amount of laxatives to help things along.
patience_and_healing

Postby mamafizz » 09 Apr 2017, 13:59

Perfect! This thing sure is a wake up call... I was not taking care of myself at all!!! I did not have constipation but this was triggered with a bout of D. ( So in the long run we will all be feeling so much more intune with what are bodies need and this time I am sure we will be paying more attention!!! Are you in the healing process right now? If so hoping your remaining journey goes smoothly for you..
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist