What's with the constipation???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What's with the constipation???

Postby happyass » 10 Jul 2007, 11:24

yes this happens.
i know that if i have like 2 days of no activity down there i am really sad. because i want to be daily reqular.
but i know better now not to force a bm.
you'll just have to be ready when you feel the urge the next time to catch up.
and yes, stress can affect the way you bm!!!!! any type of stress for me, whether good or bad, and out the regular cycle i go!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jul 2007, 11:32

No, Buttgirl, I was not singling you out or anything! Your discussions are lively and very informative and much appreciated! :) I think you and I both have the same goal in mind, and that is to present information to AF sufferers and let them decide for themselves if a particular course of treatment is efficable or not. I just felt it was necessary to make sure everyone understood the potential drawbacks of mineral oil per se.
Please keep your info coming! You have probably already made a big difference in many folks' suffering!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 10 Jul 2007, 11:57

You're right again. We do have the same goal in mind. It seems unfair that there is so little information around on this painful yet common condition. (What's even more irritating is that I'd say about 95% of the journal articles I have read on fissures and fissure treatments have just rehashed the same old stuff, only with slightly different case/study results. We're still investigating the same treatments that existed in the 1980s, 1960s, nay 1930s (for LIS at least). You'd think they would have come up with something better by now). No wonder it take 17 years for the new treatments to become acceptable practice.

Kim, my own problem entirely...My hubby says I have a habit of giving TMI (comes from teaching too many bright and inquisitive college students for too long), so I try to par down my info/responses a lot, and sometimes I par far too much, which makes me afraid that I have not fully explained myself.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007, 11:57

Thanks everyone!
You've all been very helpful. Happyass, you are so right; I have to learn to trust my system. When it's ready it's ready. I've decided to take just one more colace tonight and then eat a little lighter over the next couple of days. And I have to take my mind off of things.
Thanks again!
--Merita

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jul 2007, 12:05

Kim, my own problem entirely...My hubby says I have a habit of giving TMI (comes from teaching too many bright and inquisitive college students for too long), so I try to par down my info/responses a lot, and sometimes I par far too much, which makes me afraid that I have not fully explained myself.
You just keep all that information coming, we'll decide if it's too much...I don't think you can ever have too much information, myself (I am also a teacher and guilty as charged, just like you!)
Merita, Good luck! Try also drinking a little extra water or eating a watery fruit at breakfast and that may help send a little extra water to that first stool of the next day.. ( more good Buttgirl info I'm recycling)!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007, 12:14

Thanks, Kim. I'll give the extra water a shot.
By the way, it's great to know there are fellow teachers on the forum. :)
--Merita