What should I do?

botox after LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What should I do?

Postby msimon » 29 Apr 2015, 11:13

Hi all. As many of you on here know my long journey with first a fissure, then LIS, recurring infection, followed by an unroofing surgery for the infection. All this happened in a 6 month span of hell that just keeps going on and on. :verysad: I am approaching 12 weeks now after my last surgery and after having a lot of bleeding 2 weeks ago had some damage feeling with my BM today and a bit of blood after my BM. My CRS thought I should have been healed by now. I am feeling so defeated and don't know what to do anymore. I have been seeing a pelvic floor physio for several weeks and I am really thinking it must still be my internal sphincter. It sure is spasming now! I'm at that 6 month post-LIS mark when the tone has mostly returned and I sure do feel it. Should I get my CRS to give me some botox when I see him next week if this is still going on? I have such a narrow passage down there so BMs just seems doomed. :~!@:

Funny thing is, last night it was really itchy (after an epsom salt bath) and tight feeling and I said to my Hubby that this is how it felt last time it started bleeding. No more salts I guess. Is it possible that it got injured because it was dry?

Don't know how much longer I can take this :poop: !
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: What should I do?

Postby Scientist2516 » 29 Apr 2015, 22:14

msimon, my heart goes out to you. I wish I had some advice, and wish I could help. :~!@:
Nobody deserves what you are going through. You are a wise and sympathetic presence on this forum, and have helped so many people, I hope somebody has some good advice and help for you.
Maybe salts aren't a great idea for now.They may be irritating your skin.

:hugs: :%`+:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Re: What should I do?

Postby owmybum » 30 Apr 2015, 13:20

Oh yes..... I have felt things get worse after using salts. They seem to tighten and dry things out too much for me... And I'm so sensitive to everything... Probably like you have become.just water from now on!

As for your Botox.... Only your CRS can advise you on that one. You have been through so much in just a short amount of time.... I am not sure further messing with things would help.... But that's just me. Over the last 4 years I have finally learned less is more... And lots and lots of patients..... And rest.

Try and do some mindfulness meditation. Try everything you can to de-stress... I'm sure the pain and suffering you are feeling just switch on the tightness in your pelvis... And so the vicious cycle goes on.....

Huge hugs sweetie

OMB xxxxxxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?