What should I have on hand post lis?

Crs moved up my eau/lis to Tuesday.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What should I have on hand post lis?

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Jan 2014, 18:03

Any thoughts of what things or food I should have on hand? I was calm till she called and moved it up. Now I am freaking. I have very small fissure and actually felt really good this last week and thought about canceling but I really don't want this thing to keep comin back like it has before. I hope she gets in there an actually does the lis for me. Hubby is sweet but doesn't cook at all. Any help for things to have on hand? Thanks
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: What should I have on hand post lis?

Postby Bettyblue » 16 Jan 2014, 18:18

Miralax / movicol or any other stool softener to make your poop soft. Drink tons of water and have a healthy diet
( cocked vegetables, fruits, soups). Don't worry about LIS. I just have my procedure yesterday and have been like a piece of cake. I wish you the best. Good luck. And let us know how everything went.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Jan 2014, 22:50

Thanks Betty. I just started a new job too so I only get 6 days off. I hope I can make it through. I don't mind having a Vicodin at work if I need to though.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 17 Jan 2014, 05:12

I think 6 days will be enough. Don't worry. Stay calm.I know is easy to say than do it. I was very nervous before my LIS, but believe me is not that bad. The most important thing is to have a CRS that you can trust 100%. Every body is different and react different to surgery. The best piece of advise I can tell you is: maintain your BMs soft. Avoid like the plague diarrhea and hard stools and I think you will be fine. Try to limit also your BMs to once a day. And yes take the pain medication whenever you need it. But be careful with the vicodin as it can cause costipation. Praying for you and sending a lot of good energy. Take care and don't forget to post.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby hopefulbutt » 17 Jan 2014, 07:35

Thanks so much bettyblue. Glad you are doig well! Gives me hope
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist