What the heck is going on now???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What the heck is going on now???

Postby Johnny91 » 08 Feb 2016, 10:04

Guys i am going through the same thing for the last month, same pain description no blood...
Must be skin tag or hemmoroids, not sure since i never had anything similar.
It goes off if i keep drinking adequate amounts of mineral oil, it reminds me of the old painful visits.
It doesnt have any permanent effect but could remind you of how you used to be before the incident.
I'm at a dead end as well...
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby felix » 08 Feb 2016, 13:43

Maybe we just have to live with it!! I was convinced it was new fissures forming but then the pain would go again in a few days or suddenly move and I realised it was related to the skin tags/piles swelling up and got worse when I stood for long periods or around my period so think it is piles...God knows but it does help to know I am not the only one suffering front this! Thanks guys x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Johnny91 » 08 Feb 2016, 13:49

Actually my father does live with this since 2007, and he also has hemorrhoids. He is afraid of any operations and he didn't try anything beside diet alone.
I'm too young to just live with this though...
Why don't you do a colonoscopy to identify the real reason?
It doesn't hurt at all and i did mine while i was at a really painful bloody state.

I'm at a point that i can handle the pain most of the time. After the first 3-4 months with the aftermath being much worse that the actual BM i mostly keep diet on check to make sure it will be soft enough not to rip and use rectogesic after to calm it down...
I almost never did sitz or warm baths cause i dont like the idea of having to submerge in the water with the stools around so i try to find other ways to calm it down...
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby felix » 09 Feb 2016, 07:01

I have been to a consultant who said all was healed but I have ongoing issues!! It is more general soreness as though all the skin in there is raw/ sensitive. Sometimes I will get burning after using the loo or itching and then this general feeling of soreness that goes a bit later in the day...I gave also found that the dilt cream can really sting when I apply but it is a general sting not anywhere specific! Thanks for support x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Johnny91 » 09 Feb 2016, 07:05

How long since it happened to you? I mean the initial fissure.
I've already had a lot of phases, my father said that it took 2-3 years to finally stabilize it and control it
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby felix » 09 Feb 2016, 09:53

Last January following awful bout of norovirus, felt better until last month or so. Just want it to go away!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Johnny91 » 09 Feb 2016, 09:59

I see, so you've past the 1 year point...
From my experience, after the first 4-5 months i had it under control most of the time and then it would really gradually get better if i didn't have any hard stools but the healing was like 0.2% each day...

Do you continue the diltiazem or GTN therapy right now? I keep using GTN after BMs since i have no side effects any more and seems to help a little bit...
Anyway keep cool and probably wait for some more months, i guess it can only get better with time.
Otherwise i don't know, i've thought of fissurectomy lately but a friend of mine had a mixed surgery a couple of weeks ago and he seems to be in a lot of pain... I'll wait for a couple of months and then i'll go ask him if he actually recommends this...
Johnny91
Salt Bather